Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. We were conned by the flavour of his passport and a bit of character he displayed. His actual output for a so called £50m Brazilian no.9 was woeful. I'd argue he contributed to our bad performances by being so selfish

I actually agree with this. He wasn't prolific, his link up play was poor and he missed a lot of chances. Scored some important goals though.

I liked Richarlison but i don't think he was the be all end all.

Just baffled.

I don't get it.

If we can afford to sign the likes of Che Adams for £25m, or Ben Brereton for £15m - why wait until now? Why weren't they in ages ago?

If we didn't have the funds, why haven't we prioritised buying them before others like Onana as quite clearly, we need strikers.

Did we not have the money to fund them upfront without selling Gordon?

Sell Gordon for £50m+£10m add ons.

Buy Che Adams for £25m, Ben Brereton for £15m, and Gana. Maybe a loan for Broja in there too.

If that happens, it'll be interesting to look back in a few years to see how good a deal that is...

Remember when there’s was a load of posters saying “why you arsed it’s not your money” to those questioning Moshiri overpaying for average players in his early days?

I wonder if some of those kicking off now were those very same posters encouraging the overspend that put us in this position. Closely aligned with the famous “we’ll share the goals around” while fantasising of being Lukaku’s Delta up the Lancs.

One week to sign players. Sure they will.

Just baffled.

I don't get it.

If we can afford to sign the likes of Che Adams for £25m, or Ben Brereton for £15m - why wait until now? Why weren't they in ages ago?

If we didn't have the funds, why haven't we prioritised buying them before others like Onana as quite clearly, we need strikers.

Did we not have the money to fund them upfront without selling Gordon?

Sell Gordon for £50m+£10m add ons.

Buy Che Adams for £25m, Ben Brereton for £15m, and Gana. Maybe a loan for Broja in there too.

If that happens, it'll be interesting to look back in a few years to see how good a deal that is...

Suspect it's more the bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.