2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we would take such an offer on deadline day mate.

Especially not if we have apparently not accepted a 50m + 10m offer now.

If it goes to deadline day, it would have to be an unreal offer.
I really hope not, just see us standing here with all our eggs in one basket relying on them.
Think we need to set a deadline and walk away if it hasnt completed by then.

I really hope not, just see us standing here with all our eggs in one basket relying on them.
If you're doing business properly and sensibly you have two prices for this type of scenario, and you make that clear to them. You can have him for X if it's done by this weekend, if not the price will go up by Y. I wouldn't be too confident of our board taking that stance but that's what a competent salesperson would do for sure.

Last edited:

If you're doing business properly and sensibly you have two prices for this type of scenario, and you make that clear to them. You can have him for if it's done by this weekend, if not the price will go up by Y. I wouldn't be too confident of our board taking that stance but that's what a competent salesperson would do for sure.
Pretty sure we'll accept 45M on Wednesday Morning.

I've nothing to substantiate this, but this has a very eerie similarity to the Arteta deal.
It's almost as if the Board have set a definitive date on the deal. Unfortunately, I think that date is deadline day.
Similar cries of how little time they had for replacements. Replacements of any notoriety that is.
It is not yet too late of course, but bringing new players, even today, leaves very little room to have them up and running to any degree of proficiency. By then, we could be points adrift at the bottom playing catch-up with an ill-prepared squad with zero confidence.

Relegation would finish Moshiri probably. Kenwright, could see this as an opportunity to seize control again, at a knockdown price All with a lovely new stadium thrown in.

As I state, not too late, but very disturbing times.

I've nothing to substantiate this, but this has a very eerie similarity to the Arteta deal.

Btz-IeiCYAEEJjW.jpg

At this stage I really think it's time we told them to meet our asking price by close of business today or we are not selling. Take it or leave it. This will bring it to a head one way or another, we will then know what price range we are shopping in and can get in a much needed striker and defensive midfielder in that price range.

At this stage I really think it's time we told them to meet our asking price by close of business today or we are not selling. Take it or leave it. This will bring it to a head one way or another, we will then know what price range we are shopping in and can get in a much needed striker and defensive midfielder in that price range.
Agree. The fact Chelsea keep coming back with bids suggests we don’t have an asking price. We just keep saying no and are banking on Chelsea coming back with an improved to extract every penny from them.

Can safely say Gordon has not asked for a move at this point, as transfer fee would have been agreed already between clubs.
He has (apparently) said he is open to joining them, I cant see him kicking up if it doesn't get done. As others have said though...He, Im sure would continue to play for us without issue, tantrum or downing tools. He looks a good lad and if he gets this move, I wish him nothing but the best as he will also be getting us top dollar to build. Either way its a win for the club....as long as it gets done before the weekend and we have time to get our targets.

He has (apparently) said he is open to joining them, I cant see him kicking up if it doesn't get done. As others have said though...He, Im sure would continue to play for us without issue, tantrum or downing tools. He looks a good lad and if he gets this move, I wish him nothing but the best as he will also be getting us top dollar to build. Either way its a win for the club....as long as it gets done before the weekend and we have time to get our targets.

He'll know (and his family will be keeping him honest as he's still young) that the fans will be on his back if he's start to push for a move. He'll know what it means to be a local lad and to play for the club. I can't see him really pushing for it. If it was there then great - wouldn't anyone take the chance to move for more money and career advancement?

If he stays then I hope he continues to improve and help us get back to where we need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.