Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Convinced that's blag now we have been on the verge of signing him for weeks
Signing Guirassy now would be ridiculous. He barely ever starts games in Ligue 1 and Rennes I’m sure would be happy sellers - if he was the standard we were after he could’ve been in the building within 24 hours of Dom hurting his knee, not after four games without a credible striker.

It’s fair to say that we’ve budgeted for Dele as if he played every game, so shifting him and paying half his wages is worth £20m + 50k a week saved for this next year’s accounts.

It’s hard to see Gordon staying now, so that’s £70m in/better off between him and Dele. A huge financial reset.

If there’s any truth in the paper talk that we want £50m guaranteed + one of Broja/Gallagher on loan for Gordon, it would be the sale of the summer.

I can genuinely see our business looking like this now, with us making clear profit on the remaining transfers..

In:
  • Gueye £5m
  • Garner £14m
  • Kudus / Gallagher (loan)
  • Gakpo (PSV out of champions league, Utd interest cooled) £35m
  • Broja (loan) / Joao Pedro £20m
Out:
  • Gordon £50m
  • Allan £5m
  • Gomes (loan)
  • Dele (loan saving us £20m+)
  • Gbamin (loan)
  • Rondon (cannoned to the moon)

Despite making profit and saving on wages with that business, our team would be competitive and full of potential.
Think we’d probably be looking at both Guirassy and Brereton Diaz instead of Gakpo in this scenario but yeah I think it’s fairly spot on other wise. Think we’ll be definitely maximising our 4 possible loans so that’d be more in line for Guirassy than Gapko in my opinion.

Depending on budgets and all that afterwards I’d be curious to see if we went after some young players that we’d be buying cheaper with eyes to develop them, as we did with Stones, Holgate, DCL, etc. Think if we get Gordon out quick then we’ll have plenty time to improve and get our targets, last thing we want is to be scrambling on deadline day paying over the odds.

It’s fair to say that we’ve budgeted for Dele as if he played every game, so shifting him and paying half his wages is worth £20m + 50k a week saved for this next year’s accounts.

It’s hard to see Gordon staying now, so that’s £70m in/better off between him and Dele. A huge financial reset.

If there’s any truth in the paper talk that we want £50m guaranteed + one of Broja/Gallagher on loan for Gordon, it would be the sale of the summer.

I can genuinely see our business looking like this now, with us making clear profit on the remaining transfers..

In:
  • Gueye £5m
  • Garner £14m
  • Kudus / Gallagher (loan)
  • Gakpo (PSV out of champions league, Utd interest cooled) £35m
  • Broja (loan) / Joao Pedro £20m
Out:
  • Gordon £50m
  • Allan £5m
  • Gomes (loan)
  • Dele (loan saving us £20m+)
  • Gbamin (loan)
  • Rondon (cannoned to the moon)

Despite making profit and saving on wages with that business, our team would be competitive and full of potential.
Did Richarlison go for nowt?

On tonight’s showing Gakpo would be over-priced at £3.5M

I find the interest in Garner from UTD a bit odd . I’ll admit I know nothing about him and a friend of mine who’s a season ticket holder in UTD is adamant that he hasn’t been given a fair chance by the new manager but does he not play in sane position as Warrington? If he is signed are we hindering the progression of Warrington or do they play in two totally separate positions
The last thing Warrington needs in my opinion is to be coming into a poor / growing Everton team where he’s not gonna play much at his age. Much better for him to go out and play every week in a lower league, come back a much better player.

Too easy to pick up bad habits playing in this midfield as a teenager and really if we get our targets in he’d get almost no game time barring catastrophic injuries, which isn’t even out of the question to be fair.

If this is true and we've not gone for him I'll be disappointed. 17mil mentioned last week.
'Offered' to us doesn't mean he'd be up for it, but would rather he turned us down that we turned our nose up.
Juventus getting him I think.

So sounds like Ben Brereton Díaz and Garner and Gana?
Personally I’d still take both but if it is one or the other with Gana or Garner I think the smart move would be Garner. He won’t improve us right away but can grow over years, Gana has probably 2 years at most left of being a regular. Think Onana, Iwobi and Doucoure are fine options with what we’ve got, I’d prefer us going with someone with potential to be great like Garner than someone in Gana who’s probably only got less than 50 good games left in him. Also obviously the potential return on investment as well as Gana’s higher wages really would tip the balance even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.