2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is most likely a misconception which results from people not understanding how amortization works.

Short version: we book the profit from a hypothetical Gordon sale now, but the cost of any player purchases is spread out over the life of the contract. If we sell Gordon, we can spend more on fees for incomings than the revenue we receive from the sale, and stay within the rules. The problem is that we have to figure out how to balance the books in future years, whether that's from increased revenue, further player sales or simply historical losses coming off the books. The latter can potentially work because the Prem measures our results over three years to determine whether or not we are in compliance with the rules.
Ahh ok understood, thank you for explaining that ?

So we will need 3 forwards in before deadline. Importantly all three need to be at the standard where they can hit the ground running. There’ll be no settling in luxury given the situation. Superb Everton. Really out done yourselves this time.
If it happens, they will be Championship standard at best. This squad is slowly getting weaker and weaker every season with only one, inevitable outcome.

The sooner this is completed the better, Gordon had that game at the weekend to convince fans that he was going to develop into a 50m quid player. He appeared to up his game with 5 shots on target and all but one of them very tame unconvincing efforts. Spent the first half giving the ball away multiple times running into defenders as he often does. Spent the second half playing a lot safer like the groans in the ground throughout the game had visibly got to him as his head dropped every time. Some on here said that was one of his better games and I’d tend to agree on reflection (the bar isn’t that high with him imo) but it still didn’t justify not selling him. I don’t think it’s a case that he’s been ‘pushed’ out by the fans or the board, it’s a case that a lot see 50m for a current ‘no end product’ Anthony Gordon as a fee we will likely not see for him again if he doesn’t kick on quickly and gives us a chance to try and reinvest, buying end product and goal scoring ability, which makes so much more sense than hoping he does one day become the player we need. Saturday was a chance for him to win those fans back and make us question ourselves.. but ultimately after that chance at the end.. [correction] chelsea prepping a 60m bid - on my way to help gordon pack his bags myself, how desperate are they!!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.