Should we really blame Moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes is absolutely to blame. He is the manager, he put the team out and set the tactics. He takes the plaudits when we win, he takes the blame when we lose. Simple as.

Still want to keep him though, he just needs to pull his thumb out.

the blame is collective and has to be shared .....ur post seems to be alluding to its all colemans fault which i think is way off the mark ....

I didn't mean to blame Coleman for everything, he's just an example imo of how our squad is getting weaker rather than stronger. It's not Coleman's fault in the slightest. He gives everything when he plays. I just think he's not up to it in the EPL.

I didn't mean to blame Coleman for everything, he's just an example imo of how our squad is getting weaker rather than stronger. It's not Coleman's fault in the slightest. He gives everything when he plays. I just think he's not up to it in the EPL.

I am astounded with this comment!!!! I don't know what to say.......

Coleman's out of form...has been since the start of the season.

But its not right to pick on him as he's still learning the trade and will be hit and miss.

However...the bigger picture is the lack of change in tactics, formation, and approach for 3 seasons. Add that to the sell of players to please the bank, players and manager that see no progress or future...

Moyes is to blame, to a degree, and I've given the reasons why in the other thread.

However, if you look at it this way its impossible not to blame BK;

You're at work, and you and 19 other guys all do the same job. You do your job better than most of these other guys, because you are, after all, a fairly good manager. Then, you're boss gives all the other guys new tools to do their job with, whilst taking away your stapler, hole punch, and printer. He instead gives you some staples and expects you to do the same job as you did before, and what's more to keep up with the other guys. Then he gives some of the other guys at work the latest apple computers whilst taking away your mac and giving you a typewriter. And so on, and so forth.

It was always going to catch up with Mr Moyes given the ineptitude of the board.

I am astounded with this comment!!!! I don't know what to say.......

I probably wasn't clear as I was a bit fuming at the time but what I meant was it's not Coleman's fault he is shunted in at this level. He's, imo not good enough. That's not his fault, it's just indicative of our current financial situation. Any clearer? Apologies if not haha

We should blame Moyes but it's secondary blame. He is flawed but then he has the life drained out of him and I think that is telling this season.

In previous seasons we've had a game plan, even if it was keep it tight and try and nick a goal. More recently we've looked like we've had no ideas and we just hoped that things would work out. We're too reliant on any one player to create things. When Arteta was injured, Pienaar stepped up. When he left, Osman took on the responsibility. Now it's Drenthe. It's too easy for the opposition to double mark that player and to nullify our threat.

It seems like Moyes is getting to the end of his tether. He's not marshalling his troops as he once did and he appears to be bereft of ideas. We need a real shake up and to refocus before we slip into genuine relegation trouble.

How much did Bilyaletdinov cost again? He was on the bench, as was Ross Barkley. I'd cut Moyes some slack if he was actually having a go and trying to find solutions to our problems. If we where trying this and that and still getting the same results then you hold your hand up, we obviously don't have it and we move on. But we aren't doing that, he's gone for the safety, safety approach and we are seeing the same negative things, over and over again.

I'd take more pleasure from seeing us attempting to play football in League one.

How much did Bilyaletdinov cost again? He was on the bench, as was Ross Barkley. I'd cut Moyes some slack if he was actually having a go and trying to find solutions to our problems. If we where trying this and that and still getting the same results then you hold your hand up, we obviously don't have it and we move on. But we aren't doing that, he's gone for the safety, safety approach and we are seeing the same negative things, over and over again.

I'd take more pleasure from seeing us attempting to play football in League one.

Sadly, I agree...

Moyes is still the one who sets out the game plan though, regardless of whether he's playing Ali Dia or Sergio Aguero.

Teams are starting to play 4-3-3 (United at Goodison and Newcastle today) against us, because they know that we're toothless in attack and if they get at us, they'll score. I'd love to see Bily as a left-sided striker (not winger) next to Saha, with Drenthe raiding down the right. Anything that Louis missed, Bily would mop up. We need more than one point of attack and we need to start attacking teams ourselves.

Teams are starting to play 4-3-3 (United at Goodison and Newcastle today) against us, because they know that we're toothless in attack and if they get at us, they'll score. I'd love to see Bily as a left-sided striker (not winger) next to Saha, with Drenthe raiding down the right. Anything that Louis missed, Bily would mop up. We need more than one point of attack and we need to start attacking teams ourselves.

But it wont happen though.

Im secretly laughing my head off that Moyes playing 2 or 3 defensive midfielders every game is still leaking 2 goals a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.