Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back on an old post I wrote after Fulham got relegated, saying we should get Mitrovic in as a backup to Dom. Absolutely lambasted I was, and the funny thing is the people lambasting me then are turning noses up at virtually every link two years later.

As a fanbase we need a serious reality check... For the immediate future we are going to be fighting relegation, probably for the next 5 years and if not relegation top 12 will be our limit. The only model we need now is the one Moyes implemented, due diligence on every signing, need to get the majority right. Need to go back to getting the best of the championship talent.

There's nothing wrong with being aspirational but some of our fans are a little unrealistic, indeed self entitled, at times.

We are not in a position, not even financially at the moment it seems, to compete with the top six/seven clubs. So we're not signing a top striker anytime soon. We can do the loan thing (Broja?) or look to make incremental improvements at modest cost.

Or of course hold our noses at the poor fare on offer. Don't get me wrong I expect us to finish mid-table this season, but we do need a backup/alternative to DCL and it's not Rondon. I'd take a 10 goal a season PL striker to do that role.

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri reportedly does not see Leeds United target Moise Kean as part of his plans for this season.

According to Calciomercato, both Leeds and Newcastle are willing to shell out £17million in order to sign the 22-year-old this summer.
Why is it these Italian sources keep talking like Juventus are selling Kean when he’s technically still just on loan to them, none of them have said in weeks that Juve are going to activate the obligation they have to pay next summer, now, in order to sell him

Yep

Look like they actually are resigned to and have accepted being in the bottom 3 end of august.

We won’t get out of it in October though.

What has this club become?
It's a club that has chosen to flirt with relegation in the hope we survive doing that for a few years in order to see the stadium built and the club sold.

That will get us relegated. No question.

Why is it these Italian sources keep talking like Juventus are selling Kean when he’s technically still just on loan to them, none of them have said in weeks that Juve are going to activate the obligation they have to pay next summer, now, in order to sell him
I know mate, it’s all quite the confusing mishmash and I guess it’s just jurnos filling out columns with whatever is in their imaginations. Apologies for the content of the rumour round up as it includes so much utter crap…..

Status
Not open for further replies.