2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think you should go through and pick out the teams he definitely starts every match for. Bournemouth is one for sure. Forest is a maybe because they don't really use wide players so I guess he's competing with Johnson who might get picked instead. I think he's better than Saints options.

Then you have teams where the players you'd think he'd compete with have actually all been more productive. Brentford, Leeds, even Fulham (yes Bobby Decordova-Reid was more productive his last go around in the PL) so can you actually say that today, as in without factoring in he will improve, that he's clearly better?

The rest of the teams I don't think there is a much of a discussion as their options are clearly better.
Mate this isn't FIFA

Teams don't actually have 'starting XIs' given how many games there is, how many injuries etc.

He's a good player. He's far from amazing but he's a very promising youngster with a lot of raw attributes, but a lot still to learn. Which is normal, he's 21. We have a valuation and are sticking to it.

If I had to be pushed, he'd start for about 5-6 teams, including us. That doesn't make him a poor player, the Premier League is full of quality - and dross - but a very good team and manager want him and have already bid twice for him. They're likely to come back again.

Mate this isn't FIFA

Teams don't actually have 'starting XIs' given how many games there is, how many injuries etc.

He's a good player. He's far from amazing but he's a very promising youngster with a lot of raw attributes, but a lot still to learn. Which is normal, he's 21. We have a valuation and are sticking to it.

If I had to be pushed, he'd start for about 5-6 teams, including us. That doesn't make him a poor player, the Premier League is full of quality - and dross - but a very good team and manager want him and have already bid twice for him. They're likely to come back again.
A player who can only start for 6 teams at the minute is not someone who should command 50m fees though. That's my feeling at least. You have to sell.

Imagine thinking 50m for Stones or 80m for Lukaku or 30m for a 30 year old Gueye was us getting bullied. There isn't a single example since maybe Arteta and that has been a freaking decade.

Not taking a fair and good deal because of some made up complex, I really despair for us if that's truly what is happening.
It's not. We just have a valuation of a player that we have no financial need or want to sell and are sticking to it.

Just like we did with all of those players you've listed.

A player who can only start for 6 teams at the minute is not someone who should command 50m fees though. That's my feeling at least. You have to sell.
Yes, I agree with you, but Chelsea have already bid £40m, then £45m... Signs are they'll come again. A third bid might well be enough. By all accounts Everton are open to it, but they want their (not yours!) valuation of him met.

Yes, I agree with you, but Chelsea have already bid £40m, then £45m... Signs are they'll come again. A third bid might well be enough. By all accounts Everton are open to it, but they want their (not yours!) valuation of him met.
As I've said, their valuation is insane and if it happens anyway that's great. If it doesn't they've made a massive folly.

Status
Not open for further replies.