Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampard, who is prepared to let the former Tottenham attacker Dele Alli move to Besiktas on loan, is desperate to sign a striker. Díaz, who can play on the left wing and through the middle, is open to a move.
The man born in the slums of Chile!

There's a guy on these forums who said he has a friend who walks the dog of someone who knows a Blackburn fan. And this guy said that apparently Brereton isn't that good and would not cut it at the Premier league level.

I mentioned earlier in the window how I was a tad surprised that he wasn't attracting much attention from the Prem. Seems like it's finally happened with a couple of weeks of it to go..

I like the guy. Has had a fairly slow start to his career but he had a great season at Blackburn last year - 22 goals for what is still a fairly average Championship side overall. Already scored & assisted a couple for them this season.

For £15m I think he's worth a punt as a deputy/no. 2 striker for 2-3 seasons. Hasn't played at Prem level ever.. but arguably has a higher ceiling than both Maupay & Adams.
Wasn’t he a free agent at the end of last season? Pity we couldn’t have offered him a deal then, better for him and Everton.

Always remember when Angell joined us. We’d been crying it for a big forward for months. Finally got him and in his first game at Goodison he jumped for the ball and his contact lens fell out!! Writing was on the wall from that moment.
He was six foot two inches tall and when he jumped for the ball he was six foot two and a half inches tall and that said quite a bit more about him!!

He's a Rideout, Newell, Naismith type signing at worst IMO, at best he could really develop to be a lot better than all three.

Like a player who was highly touted when 18-19 who then goes and works his way back in his 20s to become a good solid player, it shows a lot of character.
Me thinks we need more than 1 striker to back dcl. Rondon don't give us much.

Always remember when Angell joined us. We’d been crying it for a big forward for months. Finally got him and in his first game at Goodison he jumped for the ball and his contact lens fell out!! Writing was on the wall from that moment.

Him and Stan Collymore, scored for fun, when they were at Southend.

The RS got Stan and we ended up with Brett lol

There's a guy on these forums who said he has a friend who walks the dog of someone who knows a Blackburn fan. And this guy said that apparently Brereton isn't that good and would not cut it at the Premier league level.
Is the dog called rover?

Want more types that will run through brick walls for us as they have it all to prove and the right attitude. This is my kind of signing. Would prefer him to any of the other strikers linked but suspect Adams or Maupay would both do a servicable job too.

Don't follow Championship football but have taken notice of the lad Diaz at Blackburn and his goal exploits over the last season and a half. I do follow youth International football, and I do remember Ben Brereton of Nottingham Forest, who played a big part in England winning the Euro U19s a few years ago. Up until about an hour ago, I had no idea they were the same person. lol

What I like most about him is that he scores all types of goals. Shot,s headers, tap ins, outside the box, both feet. If we can get him for £15m or less it's a no brainer for me. I know he's in the last year of his contract and has declined a new one, but can Blackburn afford to lose him. Getting into the Premier is worth a lot more to the club than £15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.