2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure why anyone is mad
I'm really not either way. Actually much more interested in who we bring in. Gordon has a lot of potential but we can't turn down anything north of 50m. This time last year he nearly went back on loan to the Championship, I don't have much of a emotional connection to him beyond he worked hard in a tough season for us. Yes he's local and it's good to see local lads play for us(although not sure he's actually a blue saw a picture of him with a Liverpool scarf at a game with his dad when he was a kid, not that it matters) but if he wants to go off he pops and we make a big profit on a player who doesn't put up many goals and assists right now.

What I will say is it shows the inequality in the league where teams like Chelsea can buy a young starter off us to sit on the bench and maybe get a few cup minutes for 60m and a 65m left back from Brighton in a position where they already have depth, the gulf is a chasm. It stunts other teams too, Gordon won't play down there but that's his issue now.

Grab a top price for him. Does he go to Chelsea and eventually become a major player? who knows. The fact im not fussed either way if he starts or not for Everton right now makes my mind up. I think this is a sell sell sell.

The lure of the top clubs are just massive. Fofana Cucurella Gordon. Chelsea aren’t guaranteed to win the title and all three aren’t guaranteed to even play regularly, all three are at clubs that have made their career and in Leicester and Everton’s case can pay big wages.

Yet the first sniff of champions league football and the chance to win some domestic pots and they’re off in a flash.

I know this is the way of it now but what happened to players like Shearer, Le Tissier, Duncan Ferguson, Viduka, Di Canio etc. all brilliant players who could have played for one of the ‘top 4’ at any point but instead stayed at their teams for the best years of their career.

There really are two different leagues now. There’s the top 6, then there’s everyone else.

You think Chelsea have entered negotiations with Everton and submitted offers for a player without putting the feelers out to his agent?

lol

Come on mate
I actually think you’re probably right on this one, but at the same time, haven’t United been trying to convince de jong to join for months knowing full well he has no interest in going there? It’s not out of the realm of possibility.

There is a contract in the offing mate but the final details have yet to be completed.
That's my understanding of it too, and I'd be happy if he stays.

If he goes, he goes with my best wishes and Everton will have got a fee for him that I think, right now, that would be too good to turn down.

A lot of people I think are here with it. But football fans are, on the whole, easily fooled sometimes especially if they don't look into where the stories come from or, in fairness, just don't have a general knowledge of how these things can play out.

No offence mate, but players have turned down moves to bigger or better teams plenty in the past.

If he wants to play and develop he will do so better here than at Chelsea - a team where De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku never got a chance and where Gallagher faces a season of 2min sub games
None taken, and that's not really what I'm on about mate.

He's probably happy to stay here, I'm sure he is. But he's probably also happy if he gets the chance to play at Chelsea.

Both of these things can be true mate.

I love my job atm, love where I work and who I work with and what I get to do - was in Helsinki a week ago for the Super Cup, off to the first round of Champions League matches and I'm going to a World Cup, can hardly believe it! But... if I got the chance to go and work for a huge national paper, or certain online papers that happen to pay extremely good wages for my industry, then I wouldn't say no.

Do you think the agents always talk it over with the client first mate?

Even if you believe this to be the case...for the 2nd bid they will certainly have spoken.

You mean if Everton wasn't interested?

Gordon can refuse to leave. He can also post on social media that hes staying.

He has a contract.

Chelsea are not in talks with Everton or submitting bids without feeling out his agent.

I'm really not either way. Actually much more interested in who we bring in. Gordon has a lot of potential but we can't turn down anything north of 50m. This time last year he nearly went back on loan to the Championship, I don't have much of a emotional connection to him beyond he worked hard in a tough season for us. Yes he's local and it's good to see local lads play for us(although not sure he's actually a blue saw a picture of him with a Liverpool scarf at a game with his dad when he was a kid, not that it matters) but if he wants to go off he pops and we make a big profit on a player who doesn't put up many goals and assists right now.

What I will say is it shows the inequality in the league where teams like Chelsea can buy a young starter off us to sit on the bench and maybe get a few cup minutes for 60m and a 65m left back from Brighton in a position where they already have depth, the gulf is a chasm. It stunts other teams too, Gordon won't play down there but that's his issue now.
Not the thread for it but the super league actually might save football for than harm it at this point

This isn't about the club going bankrupt if we don't sell him.

If the lad doesn't want to go and pretty sure the manager doesn't want to lose him either.

Then it doesn't matter if chelsea match our sale price, the lad simply refuses to negotiate a contract with them and stays.

Would it take big balls from him to do so, yup, but this is the lad not scared to go to Carlo and ask why he's not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.