2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t expecting this at all.. I think he should be starting for us, he has all of the ability and by all accounts had a good preseason/is in great shape.

The only explanations could be:

1. The player himself isn’t happy, and wants to play every week. Or simply doesn’t fancy himself as good enough anymore.
2. We don’t think we’re getting bang for our buck and want to cut the deal before the add ons kick in.

From what I’ve seen, it looks like £10m for every 20 appearances, up to £40m? That’s £10m in 7 games’ time, and £20m total in 27 games.

There might just be better value out there for £20m.

If we receive any fee, I’m pretty sure there’s some kind of sell on % we would owe Spurs.

We also don’t play a system that suits him and he’s just generally crap now.

He’s utter dross, his heads gone up in smoke. He will never be a top player ever again. He’s done.

He’s a waste of a squad place

I’d rather have Tom Davies play, which is saying something

Does it? We didn’t pay anything initially so if we haven’t paid them anything then sell him for £1m it would show as a profit on the books?
I recall hearing a footie journalist on the radio , think it was Henry Winter , pre season , saying that if Everton moved Alli on ( I presume h meant sold him ) that it created a requirement to pay Spurs a fee .

No idea what the relevant clause in the Everton / Spurs contract is or how much that fee would be.

The fee will only kick in at 20 apps.

But with the possibility of us just flipping him before that, then I am absolutely certain Spurs will get something out of it if we did that.

No way they give us him for free to just flip for profit before the 20 apps.
Correct

One of the strangest signings. Managers, DOF and scouts change but we still make the same mistakes. The constant is billy liar and the dumbest billionaire in the world and until they both sod off nothing will change

Said it 10+ times now at least, I’d never do business with a Turkish club ever again. They’ll loan a player but they won’t give you money for them.

I wouldn’t be arsed if they took him and his wages off us for free and stopped us from having to pay Spurs anything though. He simply doesn’t seem to fit in.

Two things come to mind though, if he makes this move his career is basically over, and would Levy be daft enough not to have put something in place to stop this from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.