Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams is one of the worst *strikers* out there.

I've seldom seen such lack of intelligent movement.

It comes to something when you say with a straight face you'd rather have Rondon.

It seems like the cat is out the bag now: they're going for more cheap tat as a back up to Calvert-Lewin, who they're hoping to see play the vast majority of games when he gets back after injury.

WTF are they thinking of?

….I wonder if they have a plans for an alternative option to DCL but are playing a waiting game to get him in (possibly on loan).

Links to the likes of Gyokeres and Adams suggests to me they want somebody in quickly in the short-term who can then be back-up to the 2 main options. I suppose with Gyokeres, he could surprise and be more effective than thought.

Adams is one of the worst *strikers* out there.

I've seldom seen such lack of intelligent movement.

It comes to something when you say with a straight face you'd rather have Rondon.

It seems like the cat is out the bag now: they're going for more cheap tat as a back up to Calvert-Lewin, who they're hoping to see play the vast majority of games when he gets back after injury.

WTF are they thinking of?
At least he can move- that makes him better than big Rondon alone

I'm not sure that's a great plan personally. There is a chronic lack of goals and creativity in this side, it needs addressing or we'll be in trouble again. The defence has - theoretically at least - improved, and if we bring in Gana then the midfield definitely has (although i'm not sure it's necessarily going to control games), but we're taking a big chance on players producing attacking numbers some way beyond what they ever have before if we're going to score enough goals to be comfortable.
Whether its a good plan or not I think its clear Lampard is going with a consistent theme, and hes building a squad rather than throwing players together. That cohesive structure is something we have lacked for a decade or more.
I personally like the plan, because I think you have to build from the back, and you have to have a good foundation before you build the rest of the house. Everything else looks good for a month or so, but then crumbles.

….I wonder if they have a plans for an alternative option to DCL but are playing a waiting game to get him in (possibly on loan).

Links to the likes of Gyokeres and Adams suggests to me they want somebody in quickly in the short-term who can then be back-up to the 2 main options. I suppose with Gyokeres, he could surprise and be more effective than thought.
If they are exploring Adams on loan (and who knows if that's true) maybe they actually think they are in with a shot on Broja on a permanent but it'll take a while- maybe with a buyback etc we can get it to a number we can afford.

In which case Adams makes a bit of sense because he isn't big guy, so he will offer something different to Broja / DCL as well as some backup. And of the names mentioned would probably provide the best foil alongside either of them in an occasional front two: chasing the game 15 to go, stick on Adams alongside the big target man, go 442 and get it in the mixer.

He was the first person I saw.
It was that guy who said we were signing McNeil out of nowhere, he is just some randomer on twitter, a blue, has a Ukrainian flag for a profile pic, I will try find the account name. Myers did jump on it early though and fair play to Alan tbh, instead of waiting till 3 days after everyone else he posted long before any of the usual suspects.

If they have plans for a DCL they've hiddeen them well to this point.

It's criminal Richarlison hasn;t been replaced. Getting linked with trash like Adams is alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.