• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still imo need another in cm after Gueye.

Devil's advocate -
Onana is new to the league and still only 20 and will need time to settle and develop.
Gueye is 33 soon and his games will have to be managed for him to be fully effective, we risk him breaking down if we flog him for 90 mins for 40+ games.

After those we are back to the group who showed simply they collectively and consistently not good enough without better players alongside them in Dacoure, Iwobi, Allan etc.

Need another quality cm in whose young enough that he can hopefully develop further but whose already proven to be good enough now (Gallagher).
Definetly agree that Onana may need time to adjust. He is a young lad so has lots of learning ahead of him.

We need to be careful and manage expectations so he gets the support to reach his potential.

Last thing we need to do is heap all our expectation on to him, ship out all other options in that area of the park without replacements and expect him to sink or swim.

Not a chance we go for another CM, I reckon. We need a striker and possibly another wide-forward to get some goals and assists into the team. Assume one of them will be on loan so the other would likely cost whatever we have left rattling around in the piggy bank. Another CM would be nice, but a luxury I doubt we can afford.

It's a luxury we can afford if it's using the loan spot we've pretty much been saving for Chelsea mate.

Felt all along that it's a case of 'IF' Broja or Gallagher are made available we will use that spot to try whichever one in we can.

Still imo need another in cm after Gueye.

Devil's advocate -
Onana is new to the league and still only 20 and will need time to settle and develop.
Gueye is 33 soon and his games will have to be managed for him to be fully effective, we risk him breaking down if we flog him for 90 mins for 40+ games.

After those we are back to the group who showed simply they collectively and consistently not good enough without better players alongside them in Dacoure, Iwobi, Allan etc.

Need another quality cm in whose young enough that he can hopefully develop further but whose already proven to be good enough now (Gallagher).
I wouldn't be surprised if Lampard is thinking the same thing. Probably will depend on whether Gomes and/or Allan are off or not. But maybe Iwobi putting in good performances there changes the equation. I think Lampard figured he'd be cover at both CM and RWB, but hopefully is now thinking he should be a full time CM.

I do wonder who will be cover for Gueye in the holding role. Seems likely Onana but could be another new player. They'll know it can't be Davies.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lampard is thinking the same thing. Probably will depend on whether Gomes and/or Allan are off or not. But maybe Iwobi putting in good performances there changes the equation. I think Lampard figured he'd be cover at both CM and RWB, but hopefully is now thinking he should be a full time CM.

I do wonder who will be cover for Gueye in the holding role. Seems likely Onana but could be another new player. They'll know it can't be Davies.

Allan I'm sure is off as is Gomes and Gbanim - Davies is shown as not good enough even as a stopgap.

Dacoure is in the last year of his contract too - we can extend it but up to now haven't (no idea if the extension triggers a wage increase or not) - think Iwobi has two years left - and both Dacoure and Iwobi are on massive wages (especially if they become effectively backups)

May be a blessing if he does not come here - returning players never as good as the first time around EG - Andy King - okish - David Johnson - a disaster - can anyone else apart from HK who returned to play for us as Player Manager

2nd time around, plus David Unsworth, quite good mind you that was days ?
Anyone else?

May be a blessing if he does not come here - returning players never as good as the first time around EG - Andy King - okish - David Johnson - a disaster - can anyone else apart from HK who returned to play for us as Player Manager

2nd time around, plus David Unsworth, quite good mind you that was days ?
Anyone else?
Pienaar

Status
Not open for further replies.