Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he? Hes a player i read up on every now and again, and he seems to have done really well in france. If he doesnt cost too much he might be worth a punt.
He’s a skilful forward, great finisher and in my opinion, a better player than Odsonne Édouard who took over the mantle from him at the hoops (now at palace) when Dembele left for Lyon. Not sure on his injury record but it might be a bit chequered

It was 12 months ago and he was 23 at the time. He's kicked on no doubt but Brighton have their house in order on this sort of stuff. May turn out to be a world beater tbf.
I don't know the lad and that video there a few pages back don't look great at all. That being said he's played for his country, is only just 24 and has quadrupled his value in the last year. Calvert Lewin was only about 23 or 24 himself when he kicked on and started looking like a proper PL standard player, in fairness the club might be looking at this lad and seeing a similar potential rise.

At a few million and already an international it's almost assured that we wouldn't lose money on him if we did move him on in future anyway, think a signing like him that's perhaps a gamble in terms of ability is a smart one, especially if the club is after perhaps a more versatile forward player alongside him.

I don't know the lad and that video there a few pages back don't look great at all. That being said he's played for his country, is only just 24 and has quadrupled his value in the last year. Calvert Lewin was only about 23 or 24 himself when he kicked on and started looking like a proper PL standard player, in fairness the club might be looking at this lad and seeing a similar potential rise.

At a few million and already an international it's almost assured that we wouldn't lose money on him if we did move him on in future anyway, think a signing like him that's perhaps a gamble in terms of ability is a smart one, especially if the club is after perhaps a more versatile forward player alongside him.

…often the manager/DoF are looking for a type of player to fit the system they want to play. Rondon is clearly not that type.

Folk understandably get caught up on goal ratio, but initially they will think pace, athleticism, aggression and decent quality. A player who looks to get behind the opposition, run the channels and stretch defenders. The goals will look after themselves.

He’s a skilful forward, great finisher and in my opinion, a better player than Odsonne Édouard who took over the mantle from him at the hoops (now at palace) when Dembele left for Lyon. Not sure on his injury record but it might be a bit chequered
Wild hes only 26. I remember a lot wanting us to take a punt on him before he went to Celtic, feels like decades ago. Clearly a skillful player, but as you say, I know hes missed a mentionable amount of games for Lyon. For the right price, Id still be all for giving him a shot here. He would be giving DCL a run for his money in a way Rondon never could, and be a more than decent player to have around.

Don't think the RS have a playmaker either, their midfield exists just to win the ball back and give it to the forwards. Their creativity comes from their full backs.

Seems to work for them
Now Mane's gone (and without a playmaker) they will struggle to keep up with City...hopefully

Can I remind you that we haven’t actually got a striker and lost our opening game of the season.
By all accounts we’re getting one and have made a few very good signings that clearly improve us without throwing cash around like we were before

Yes we lost our first game of the season, I’d take us not having all our signings until a bit further in so we don’t blow stupid amounts of money we can’t afford. Look at Villa who we’re playing Saturday. They spent loads and got beat by Bournemouth opening day.

Status
Not open for further replies.