Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
51UK6vWmxBL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is the first time I've seen this. Late pass or what? lol

Anyone reckon we might move to a 3-5-2 (or maybe even a 3-5-1-1) so we can accommodate Gana, Onana and Iwobi in midfield? I just can't shift this feeling and as a result I now think we need two forwards. No chance, right?
Yeah seems very likely, and one of the forwards can be withdrawn as you mentioned, and that's where Gordon/Gray/Dele could fit in. But I don't really know where McNeil fits into that equation. We would need more speed in the two forwards than what McNeil provides. He'd probably be more likely to play when we go 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. Good to have options I suppose.

This won't go down well here, but one of biggest highlights of this transfer window is the return of William Kenwright CBE to top of the table.

Some fans will never take to him. He has his flaws, but in terms of deal-making I think he's one of the best in the business. Everyone used to say how shrewd Moyes was with transfers. Well, Moyes used to say it was all down to his relationship with Kenwright and vice-versa.

This window has seen Moshiri take a backseat, and without other influences like quasi DOF/board directors and super agents, Thelwell & Lampard have set out a plan to spend what they earned from sales to fit a clear strategy - squeezing out every last drop - just as Kenwright and Moyes used to with Rodwell, Lescott sales.

Yes he puffs himself up a lot of the time, gets too excited and says silly quotes ('good times' etc) and fans will point to the lack of trophies during his tenure as Chairman, but ultimately if he has taken back the reins of the catastrophic transfer dealing since 2016 and steadies the ship until Bramley Moore Dock arrives in 2024. The game changes considerably from that point on and he will be remembered as the chairman who found the people to finance Everton's new home. Don't underestimate how important the new stadium will be to the next 50 years.

A lack of height.

Not a bad point, but he's still good on the ball and in terms of pressing from the front, very much a nuisance to defenders - I know @GrandOldTeam is a fan

Having said that perhaps we're waiting on Watford to cave on Dennis? Hard to say, I do actually think we've enough about us to pick up points in this relatively good run before the Derby, and thus pick up players that clubs are desperate to get rid of

This won't go down well here, but one of biggest highlights of this transfer window is the return of William Kenwright CBE to top of the table.

Some fans will never take to him. He has his flaws, but in terms of deal-making I think he's one of the best in the business. Everyone used to say how shrewd Moyes was with transfers. Well, Moyes used to say it was all down to his relationship with Kenwright and vice-versa.

This window has seen Moshiri take a backseat, and without other influences like quasi DOF/board directors and super agents, Thelwell & Lampard have set out a plan to spend what they earned from sales to fit a clear strategy - squeezing out every last drop - just as Kenwright and Moyes used to with Rodwell, Lescott sales.

Yes he puffs himself up a lot of the time, gets too excited and says silly quotes ('good times' etc) and fans will point to the lack of trophies during his tenure as Chairman, but ultimately if he has taken back the reins of the catastrophic transfer dealing since 2016 and steadies the ship until Bramley Moore Dock arrives in 2024. The game changes considerably from that point on and he will be remembered as the chairman who found the people to finance Everton's new home. Don't underestimate how important the new stadium will be to the next 50 years.

Hi Bill

….surprised there’s no ‘George Michael’ level links to a striker on @MikelsGoat chart.

I’m certain there’s activity happening but with no plausible rumours then perhaps we’re targeting one or two & not a scattergun approach.
Broja top target seemingly and maybe the others mentioned are on a list?

Status
Not open for further replies.