Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope there isn't any truth in this. Not saying he's a bad player but, at 24, I'm not sure he could handle the step up to the PL and score goals.
Screenshot_20220809-180127_Twitter.jpg

This critique when ones on a deep internet forum of transfer speculation I'd argue is pretty hypocritical if not a contradiction. If you aren't a bit of a nerd for this thing what is the reason to be on a 2 thousand plus page forum on transfer speculation and suggestions? I fail to see the line thats being alluded towards after all we are both here? I guess its better to stick to platitudes generated by Echo headlines, quoting Romano tweets, and or saying "great signing"

For the record I don't play football manager.

Well we tend to discuss transfer targets in here, or people we think would be good and the reason we think they'd be good.

You've just suggested a kid that plays for Real Sociedad's B side, never for the first side. If you ain't seen him play (how would you) then you play footie manager.

Let’s be fair, if 6 weeks ago someone had told you that we’d have signed two centre backs that improve us, upgraded the midfield with Gana and Onana, added McNeill to the attacking options and were in the hunt for another striker…

… you’d all be “Woooooo’ing” as much as me.

It’s been a cracking window so far.
We've had what were thought to be "cracking" windows before. I recall Everton regularly "winning the transfer window" in the early Farhad years. Brands was, by common consent, working the oracle. And yet.

So, I'm withholding any praise until these signings start to consistently perform on the pitch, avoid debilitating injury, and start shooting us back into the top half of the table. We still don't have a functioning striker, people genuinely think Alex Iwobi is one of our best players, and we still cannot rid ourselves of the more parasitical members of the squad.

I'll hold fire until we are consistently collecting points.

Hope there isn't any truth in this. Not saying he's a bad player but, at 24, I'm not sure he could handle the step up to the PL and score goals.
View attachment 176742
I'd swerve. One season of a decent-ish return in the championship. He onlt scored 3 the season before. He was at Brighton who have really need a goalscorer for years and they were happy to let him be sold without appearing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.