Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong completely.

You are talking about FPP which is a Eufa rule

P&S works entirely on whst you are paying the selling club that year.

So you buy two players for 30m and 20m

Player A 15m up front 10m second year a 5m in bonuses. Year one you are charged on P&S 15m year two 10m and whenever the bonus is triggered you psy it in that seasons costs.

Player B 0m up front year two 0m year three 20m you pay nothing on p,&s years one and two and 20m year three -

Btw the second example is the deal saints got on Livoremento
Not sure that quite right mate.
Lets just all agree that not a single 1 of us knows how FFP or Profit and Loss works and leave the accounting to the accountants.

I think that would be for the best.

Mina 6/10, because for all his injury woes he has contributed when he’s been on the pitch. Gomes 2/10.
It is mate in terms of P&S, the full money you receive goes in the current years accounts the money you pay out only classifies as you actually pay it, fir example Dele this sesson when he hits 20 games we pay 10m it's not amortized over the two years left on his contract for P&S just a straight ten million deduction.

Same as whatever is the initial payment we've made for McNeil, Onana etc all goes off this seasons p&s.

It's why you've heard a few strange structured offers such as with KLP of a very low 2.5m initial payment etc, as we're trying to back end a lot of the payments away from this season.

Fair enough, at least you have a better grasp then most who assume we pay a down payment and then the rest of the money is paid by fairies.

Yeah completely ignoring what will be outstanding payments on prior deals is mental as not a chance in earth we've been paying in the past it all up front. How much we're paying this, next season etc on past deals is anyone's guess though.

Thing to note though is what we're spending now IS imo the rebuild season - we're backending stuff as much as we're able to do, and it will impact us for a few seasons as we'll be paying more I think of this current spend next season than this one.

I think we've decided to do a 2-3 season rebuild right now, get veterans in who've got 2-3 years left before decline bring in 20-21 yo with potential and develop them over the same period.

And then hope the teams on a solid upward trajectory by the time of BMD.

Yeah completely ignoring whst will be outstanding payments on prior deals is mental as not a chance in earth we've been paying in the past it all up front. How much we're paying this, next season etc on past deals is anyone's guess though.
Which is why I suggested we keep it simple and solely focus on the old tried and trusted net spend.

Unless we can get access to the terms of any and all outstanding payments on players its pointless to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.