Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine.

If I look at goalscoring midfielders, I will look at non-penalty xG and goals. Because you have players such as Jorginho that has decent numbers, but its mainly because of pens. Same goes for individuell matches, as pens can skew the numbers quite a bit.

But for a teams defence? Over 38 matches? I see no reason to not include pens. Teams that are defensively poor give away more pens than teams that are defensively sound. Ignoring pens would be as crazy as ignoring own goals.

Crazy to ignore pens but fine to ignore the amount of goals they conceded over the last 4 years. Right..

@caliblue a few points for you

1: Wolves signed Collins who was fantastic for Burnley last season. He'll probably move to a top 6 side in the next year or two.

2: They want to go with a younger back 4 this coming season. Ait-Nouri is someone who we should have signed when they got him...i mentioned him back then too.

3: As theyve invested in youth and have moved to a back 4 due to their managers preference (he only went 3/5 last year as they lacked a Collins type) Coady doesnt suit their new setup.

He's being let go because they clearly have no use for someone who 'cant' play in a back 4. Meanwhile their fans were still expecting at least £20mil for him.

This player was recognised as being the main catalyst of Wolves organisation at the back since he moved there. His leadership is considered to be outstanding.

Not sure what you are complaining about as he seems ideal to play central of a back 3.

Coady and Tarkowski would have been £50mil+ last season...one loan and one free.

maxresdefault.jpg
What's senderos upto nowdays ?

It is and the key detail is "option" to buy , wolves wanted an obligation. That's where in the past we would have fell over and went for it.

So, if I was a Wolves fan, I would ask why on earth would they agreed to it. Like, if he is good, (he clearly is), unless they have a ready made, cheaper, (wages) on the books already, why strengthen a PL rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.