Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
D7cV1x8OjKlwup86OWE71m9wbyWQ3SghPIVpKTcfgXA.jpg

The office goes wild.

Is that front 3 the most uninspiring forward line we’ve had since Spencer & Madar?

No way Doucoure doesn’t start again imo for next game.
Weirdly rondon would have made us more of a threat Saturday and that's saying something. Reckon with a fit DCL we win that game. So frustrating.

Is that front 3 the most uninspiring forward line we’ve had since Spencer & Madar?

No way Doucoure doesn’t start again imo for next game.
It is absolutely horrific in fairness. I want McNeil to do well for us, and I hope he becomes a good player, but right now he's not a top 10 Premier League player and will, like Gordon, need to improve massively. Unfortunately I see them being put under too much pressure this season due to the expectation on them due to us not having a squad, and they'll both get a lot of stick for not scoring 5 goals and assisting 10 each.

Weirdly rondon would have made us more of a threat Saturday and that's saying something. Reckon with a fit DCL we win that game. So frustrating.
The only thing is instead of playing out the back and through the midfield, we might have got tempted to just whack it straight up, possibly same with DCL.

It is absolutely horrific in fairness. I want McNeil to do well for us, and I hope he becomes a good player, but right now he's not a top 10 Premier League player and will, like Gordon, need to improve massively. Unfortunately I see them being put under too much pressure this season due to the expectation on them due to us not having a squad, and they'll both get a lot of stick for not scoring 5 goals and assisting 10 each.
McNeil looks more like a no.10 to me, comfortable on the ball but not so quick etc - think he might be better centrally

Status
Not open for further replies.