Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have been fit but it was always very possible he would break down again and we were not prepared. I dont think we should ever be relying on his fitness in future.

Its very disappointing for the team and Dom but there is now a question mark over whether he will be able to put together long runs of games in future.

I don't think we will be relying on his fitness in the future. The club have been working all summer on targets. But please, accept that as of Monday we had him fully fit, with two midfielders lined up, a winger in, a wing-back and CB in, and another month of the window left to get a striker that we wanted that would fit the very particular style we need - someone who can offer the physical attributes of Richarlison but also fill in for Dom and support him where required.

That's it. And one second has changed all of that but that doesn't mean you should get mad that we're signing midfielders. If we had 5 brilliant CMs I'd be right with you, but our midfield two today was Doucoure and Iwobi with a crocked Allan and a lad whose only first-team experience so far is in League One on the bench.

I'm no more taking the p### then you are mate.
It's posting the same thing constantly. If Tim has an issue with it he's well able to argue his point without back up .
So stop trying to be the forums moral compass
Not trying to be a moral compass, also not trying to take the p.

But, okay.

Should we not have signed a keeper so. In case Jordan got injured Wednesday?
I believe Begovic is a week away from fitness so no. And you also don't sub off keepers to change a game so need less options. And outfield players are more likely to get injured than keepers.

I dont have high expectations this year. I just want to see the club progress forwards into midtable so we avoid another relegation fight. I dont like to be negative but I dont think its unrealistic to think we will struggle if we have no goalscorer.

Onana signing for us came out of the blue a bit a few days ago and Lampard said today that we’ve been following him for a long time. Might be the case with a striker too, let’s see, would have been nice to get them in before the season started but might not be possible for one reason or another. I preferred the window closing before the season started like they tried doing a few years ago.
Exactly, you can’t judge what the club is doing from reports in the press- there’s no benefit to the club to give out a running commentary on the business they are trying to do. The vast majority of links that reach the press will more likely come from selling clubs or agents trying to drum up business. For all the talk of leaks and ITKs we’ve kept the business we’ve actually been doing quite well under wraps.

There's not been a single credible link to a forward since we sold Richarlison. That suggests to me its not priority to the club and that they don't understand the situation correctly. Most organised teams line up the replacement before completing the sale. We're over a month down the line and nothing is even close.

Today showed exactly what we need. But they shouldn't have needed to lose a winnable game to see it. They've got this wrong yet again and we have an extremely unbalanced squad again, only this team the huge problem is having no one who can score!
To be fair mate, the signings we have made have gone from credible links to pretty much done in no time. I wouldn’t equate a lack of links to a lack of activity; we’re just better at keeping a lid on what we’re doing these days, it seems.

"But as of four days ago, he was our number one. You can ignore that fact all you want, but you're doing what you do when you get mad and just ignore blatant common sense mate."
You said that to Tim
What made my comments wrong and yours.ok
I didn't think yours was wrong like just thought it was a bit harsh but look, no hard feelings!

Not saying everything I write is okay either.

I don't think we will be relying on his fitness in the future. The club have been working all summer on targets. But please, accept that as of Monday we had him fully fit, with two midfielders lined up, a winger in, a wing-back and CB in, and another month of the window left to get a striker that we wanted that would fit the very particular style we need - someone who can offer the physical attributes of Richarlison but also fill in for Dom and support him where required.

That's it. And one second has changed all of that but that doesn't mean you should get mad that we're signing midfielders. If we had 5 brilliant CMs I'd be right with you, but our midfield two today was Doucoure and Iwobi with Allan and a lad whose only first-team experience so far is in League One on the bench.
I dont disagree at all he was fit last weekend. I watched him play and he was looking fitter than last season. But that was not a guarantee he wouldn't pick up another injury because he's struggled to stay fit for a while now, even going back to Ancelotti.

My point is we needed another forward the day Richarlison was sold. Otherwise we were relying entirely on a player with a question mark over their fitness.

To be fair mate, the signings we have made have gone from credible links to pretty much done in no time. I wouldn’t equate a lack of links to a lack of activity; we’re just better at keeping a lid on what we’re doing these days, it seems.
To me at least, 'credible links' means from proven reliable reporters or others (Bobble is proven now, we can't deny that), and that there's a consistent stream of info on them.

It doesn't necessarily mean we're definitely going to sign them or we were really close to signing them, but at least there's enough smoke to know that the interest is there.

Just waiting to sign Coady, whose started every one of Wolves' PL games for four seasons, and him then to break his leg 3 seconds into his debut.
Honestly the other shower sign players score first game..we get someone injured freak accident its mad were jinxed

Status
Not open for further replies.