Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison WAS NOT our first-choice striker.

Calvert-Lewin is.

Everton did not absolutely need a striker to start against Chelsea until 4 DAYS AGO, because they had a fully fit Calvert-Lewin.

Everton have had to use what money they had freed up by selling Richarlison to boost about six positions, and now we're going to need to sign another CB too because in one game we've lost two of our starters.
We went into a new season with a fragile DCL and Rondon, who doesn’t even get in any other team in this league.

It’s bad, really bad whichever way you look at it.

Wouldn’t you rather have thrown Simms up top today rather than play complete lightweight wingers down the middle? I know I would.

There's not been a single credible link to a forward since we sold Richarlison. That suggests to me its not priority to the club and that they don't understand the situation correctly. Most organised teams line up the replacement before completing the sale. We're over a month down the line and nothing is even close.

Today showed exactly what we need. But they shouldn't have needed to lose a winnable game to see it. They've got this wrong yet again and we have an extremely unbalanced squad again, only this team the huge problem is having no one who can score!
Cornet. Dennis. Broja. Gibbs-White.

That's four very credible links Tim, from reliable reporters and publications.

You're not seeing it because you don't want to see it.

There's not been a single credible link to a forward since we sold Richarlison. That suggests to me its not priority to the club and that they don't understand the situation correctly. Most organised teams line up the replacement before completing the sale. We're over a month down the line and nothing is even close.

Today showed exactly what we need. But they shouldn't have needed to lose a winnable game to see it. They've got this wrong yet again and we have an extremely unbalanced squad again, only this team the huge problem is having no one who can score!
You are taking over from zat now as filling threads with the same thing all day every day.
It's getting very boring !

Cornet. Dennis. Broja. Gibbs-White.

That's four very credible links Tim, from reliable reporters and publications.

You're not seeing it because you don't want to see it.
We've not been close to signing any of them. MGW isn't a forward either.

DCL cannot be considered our no.1 centre forward anymore. His injury problems are a major concern. So we need another option urgently.

I just dont agree with the scattergun approach. We needed a goalscorer and we decided to focus on other areas for some reason. We could sign 2 quality midfielders and still will lose regularly with this front line.
It's not scattergun. We went for forwards early on - as I've mentioned in a reply to you just now - and didn't really have the cash to make it work (payment structures). West Ham looked like they'd got Broja but ended up going for Scamacca, so our interest is definitely still there in the lad.

They instead started bolstering other areas of the squad, including wing - which is one of the roles vacated by Richarlison - by signing players. Midfielders were desperately needed, and we look set to get two good ones in.

As I keep stressing, and again you keep burying your head in the sand, DCL was fit. He was ready, he was our number 1 forward. He was the goalscorer, and we wanted and still want another to compliment that but it's really not difficult to think why they felt that they could use the window to its full extent is it? And he, on the verge of the season, broke down.

That team gets no more than a point at Villa next week.

If no new players brought into the side very soon it’s going to be bottom end of the league all season.

We all knew there was no goals in the squad without Richy or DCL, today proved that emphatically.

Problem is, we can’t even afford a decent striker so feeding on second string loan scraps from bigger clubs.
Villa just lost 2-0 to Bournemouth and from everything it seems like Gerrard is causing massive unrest with the squad and the fans want him gone.

This team today gets a win against them, adding Gana and Onana to the squad by then, maybe even Coady and a striker depending on how quick we do it we should be fairly easily doing well against them.

DCL cannot be considered our no.1 centre forward anymore. His injury problems are a major concern. So we need another option urgently.
You said 'credible links'. That literally means are the links credible, did they happen - and yes, they all happened. Dennis is still there, we weren't that interested but he's an option. We know Broja is a target. We put a bid in for Cornet. MGW played CF plenty for Sheff Utd but it's not his natural position (it's not Richarlison's either).

But as of four days ago, he was our number one. You can ignore that fact all you want, but you're doing what you do when you get mad and just ignore blatant common sense mate.

It's not scattergun. We went for forwards early on - as I've mentioned in a reply to you just now - and didn't really have the cash to make it work (payment structures). West Ham looked like they'd got Broja but ended up going for Scamacca, so our interest is definitely still there in the lad.

They instead started bolstering other areas of the squad, including wing - which is one of the roles vacated by Richarlison - by signing players. Midfielders were desperately needed, and we look set to get two good ones in.

As I keep stressing, and again you keep burying your head in the sand, DCL was fit. He was ready, he was our number 1 forward. He was the goalscorer, and we wanted and still want another to compliment that but it's really not difficult to think why they felt that they could use the window to its full extent is it? And he, on the verge of the season, broke down.
He may have been fit but it was always very possible he would break down again and we were not prepared. I dont think we should ever be relying on his fitness in future.

Its very disappointing for the team and Dom but there is now a question mark over whether he will be able to put together long runs of games in future.

He may have been fit but it was always very possible he would break down again and we were not prepared. I dont think we should ever be relying on his fitness in future.

Its very disappointing for the team and Dom but there is now a question mark over whether he will be able to put together long runs of games in future.
Should we not have signed a keeper so. In case Jordan got injured Wednesday?

Keep posting it every hour so on different threads . That will help
It's not that, Tim's a great poster, so no need to take the p***

I just do think he's ignoring things because he sees them in a very particular way. As of early this week, we had a fully fit striker and the plan was we'd compliment that with another forward. Unfortunately he's injured, and we still need that other forward, but now we need it more desperately.

That does reflect badly on the club. And we know why, it's because we sold our best player, and it wasn't just that we needed to replace only him, but we needed to replace him and also get in 2-3 others at the very least with some of that money, which is what we're trying to do and for the main part, I'd say we're getting there.

Onana signing for us came out of the blue a bit a few days ago and Lampard said today that we’ve been following him for a long time. Might be the case with a striker too, let’s see, would have been nice to get them in before the season started but might not be possible for one reason or another. I preferred the window closing before the season started like they tried doing a few years ago.

Onana signing for us came out of the blue a bit a few days ago and Lampard said today that we’ve been following him for a long time. Might be the case with a striker too, let’s see, would have been nice to get them in before the season started but might not be possible for one reason or another. I preferred the window closing before the season started like they tried doing a few years ago.
Me too prefers window closing earlier before season starts but the "big" clubs cried last time around so we have to do what they are telling us....

It's not that, Tim's a great poster, so no need to take the p***

I just do think he's ignoring things because he sees them in a very particular way. As of early this week, we had a fully fit striker and the plan was we'd compliment that with another forward. Unfortunately he's injured, and we still need that other forward, but now we need it more desperately.

That does reflect badly on the club. And we know why, it's because we sold our best player, and it wasn't just that we needed to replace only him, but we needed to replace him and also get in 2-3 others at the very least with some of that money, which is what we're trying to do and for the main part, I'd say we're getting there.
I'm no more taking the p### then you are mate.
It's posting the same thing constantly. If Tim has an issue with it he's well able to argue his point without back up .
So stop trying to be the forums moral compass

Status
Not open for further replies.