Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take the positives from that.......

Don't feel one bit down about it... Plenty positives.

Plenty
Same. Maybe because I’m six pints in like…but I was weirdly proud of that performance. Plenty to work on obviously but think there’s the basis of a decent side there.

Tarkowski was impressive, Patterson stood up and Iwobi was very good.

It’s actually hilarious that people expect a team that almost got relegated last year to beat a Champions League level title contender that have improved massively and because we didn’t that means we’re just as bad as last season.

If you couldn’t see the obvious improvement in this team today, if you can’t tell that one of our vital signings was literally sat in the crowd and will be in the squad going forward, if you think we didn’t get incredibly unlucky this week with 3 starting players getting injuries whilst also thinking that we’re not gonna address these injuries with incoming transfers and most importantly if you think we’ll be in a relegation fight this season then quite simply you don’t know football.

Just think ffs, use your brain. This loss was literally better than 90% of performances last season and we’re still not at full strength.

Decent enough effort but we could have played another 100 min and not scored. Not sure DCL or Rondon in lineup would change that …. Need to find some goals quick. Relegation 6 pointer next weekend?

I will take the positives from that.......

Don't feel one bit down about it... Plenty positives.

Plenty
Same. Maybe because I’m six pints in like…but I was weirdly proud of that performance. Plenty to work on obviously but think there’s the basis of a decent side there.

Tarkowski was impressive, Patterson stood up and Iwobi was very good.

Not too disheartened by that to be fair. We've got at least 2 quality signings lined up that'll strengthen us and I'm confident we'll get a forward in.

The fact we've managed to defend about 400 corners properly is encouraging and in Tarkowski hopefully we have a proper leader. Patterson was solid if unspectacular and I'm sure he'll grow in confidence. Overall there's signs we're heading in the right direction.
Encouraging performance. Despite what the usual whingebags say on here

I think we have got a decent right back on our hands. Patterson was full of energy, effort and a decent degree of skill, enjoyed his performance.
GIven our limited forward line today ,I thought we put in a good shift.
There's plenty of clubs who would not match our work rate and I really don't see them struggling once the squad is complete

I expected nothing from todays game other than getting smashed 4 or 5. So a 1 nil loss isn't too bad

We looked like a cohesive unit. If not for a dire brain-dead foul. It ends 0-0..

Gordon looked to seriously unfit though.

The defence looked solid. Which is a good sign, the main culprit for our relegation scrap.

Overall not to bad a performance but you cant make tackles like that from behind in your own penalty area an expect to get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.