Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also not been that bad from us, hasn't told us anything we didn't already know; we know we need strengthening in midfield and up front and hopefully something is being done about it.

However, we weren't outplayed by Chelsea, was the usual individual error this time from a player who hopefully will be on the bench in the future.

Usual bad luck with injuries

Don't think it's been as bad as some are making out. Dele, Gray and McNeill all disappointing, but I think we've looked more solid at the back and have occasionally been able to string some decent passes together.

I had no expectations coming in to this match given the players we have available, and to lose 1 nil to a questionable penalty against Chelsea is not the worst result in context.

Don't think it's been as bad as some are making out. Dele, Gray and McNeill all disappointing, but I think we've looked more solid at the back and have occasionally been able to string some decent passes together.

I had no expectations coming in to this match given the players we have available, and to lose 1 nil to a questionable penalty against Chelsea is not the worst result in context.

Who's making it out to be bad?

The first £10 million instalment of a potential £40 million (!!!!!!!!!) is payable when Dele Alli makes 20 appearances. I’m betting he never makes it past 19
I reckon that could well have been sorted in with the Richarlison deal so I don’t think that will need to be paid.

Haven't done a lot wrong tonight. They're a side/squad much higher than us in terms of quality and depth. We've given it a go but injuries and lack of getting the new guys in meant we were always up against it. Think it's obvious we'll struggle for goals this season, let's hope clean sheets and narrow wins get us over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.