Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Moshiri is biding his time until the Ukraine War is over and the sanctions likely end on Uncle Uzzy.

With the global economic uncertainty you feel something has to give with that war within the next 12-18 months.

Worst case scenario we flog DCL next summer (which wouldn't be a bad thing given his recent injury record).
That embalmed old witch Nancy Pelozi will have started WW3 with China within 6 months mate, so all eyes will be off Ukraine and Uzzy can sneak back in ;)

Ha ha we're speculating very optimistically now mate, its impossible to be totally accurate given the newness of some of the deals and ones that haven't happened yet, lets give leeway of five million for error in terms of costs, could be Idrissa comes back on more then 80k, maybe Onana to - so we're speculating. I wasnt trying to be exact to be honest, just to get a general sense of play - i might do it all exact when the widow closes, but ball parking it, i dont think im wildly out up or down.

There are bits i left out like Benitez compo, we have to factor a drop in turnover on finishing position and USM 20 mill Vs the commercial peices you mention. Certainly sales would help on costs and any fees - not much seems to happeneing on that score compared to incoming though,so if that changes we can make that adjustment, but i think that might be hopeful.

Ultimately i wish i was wrong, i dont think we are making significant gaines in bringing our costs or losses down, hope im wrong, i just dont think i am.
We dont know yet which players will leave between now and 1 September either

I think there will be a few, even if some are loans.

I think like when Moyes was with us it'll always be 'nearly' for them, the squad depths not great either, left back is crap and a lot riding on this new cf of there's, very very little depth at cm too and Rice I'd be shocked if he still there next season.

Still maintain that they are a bad run of results from hdving an absolute toxic home atmosphere again as well, COVID bailed them out last time
They'll turn on Moyes, as they have before.

He made an inspired signing in Bowen, but inheriting Rice was the key. He's been very fortunate that apart from a knee injury that kept him out a few weeks he's had him to call on.

If they lose Rice this window they'll be struggling to get midtable.

Cresswell? I think he's decent. Hasn't he been up there with the best in the league in terms of chances created and assists from lb?
He cost them in Europe. Slow, handsy. Sent off twice in brainless fashion. Kneecapped his team. I'm amazed he's still there as Moyes usually gets rid of the useless donuts like him.

Ha ha we're speculating very optimistically now mate, its impossible to be totally accurate given the newness of some of the deals and ones that haven't happened yet, lets give leeway of five million for error in terms of costs, could be Idrissa comes back on more then 80k, maybe Onana to - so we're speculating. I wasnt trying to be exact to be honest, just to get a general sense of play - i might do it all exact when the widow closes, but ball parking it, i dont think im wildly out up or down.

There are bits i left out like Benitez compo, we have to factor a drop in turnover on finishing position and USM 20 mill Vs the commercial peices you mention. Certainly sales would help on costs and any fees - not much seems to happeneing on that score compared to incoming though,so if that changes we can make that adjustment, but i think that might be hopeful.

Ultimately i wish i was wrong, i dont think we are making significant gaines in bringing our costs or losses down, hope im wrong, i just dont think i am and i dont think im not a kick in the back side away, we're in more or less the same position as we were before the window in terms of costs and losses would be my take ultimately.
Think by and large your figures are close mate, but I actually do expect a last two weeks exodus of surplus players on high annual costs.

For example the Coadey deal makes great financial sense if we loan him in - and manage a cb sale if say Keane or Holgate - the wages would likely balance out roughly and any fee is then pure profit on P&S.

Same for Allan say as Gueye arriving seems to mdke him surplus, both Gbanim and Gomes will 100% be shifted for a reduction on costs (greater or lesser depends on the nature of the deal) can't even rule out something out the blue such as a sale of Dacoure IMO - again would generate a significant bet gain on P&S (think it's curious so far we've not exerted the option in his contract as it'd make P&S sense to do so now if we intend to keep him.

They'll turn on Moyes, as they have before.

He made an inspired signing in Bowen, but inheriting Rice was the key. He's been very fortunate that apart from a knee injury that kept him out a few weeks he's had him to call on.

If they lose Rice this window they'll be struggling to get midtable.
Rice will stay this season but likely be sold next summer. Moyes is likely flashing the cash now knowing he effectively has one season to win a trophy before Rice leaves breaking the team.

Think by and large your figures are close mate, but I actually do expect a last two weeks exodus of surplus players on high annual costs.

For example the Coadey deal makes great financial sense if we loan him in - and manage a cb sale if say Keane or Holgate - the wages would likely balance out roughly and any fee is then pure profit on P&S.

Same for Allan say as Gueye arriving seems to mdke him surplus, both Gbanim and Gomes will 100% be shifted for a reduction on costs (greater or lesser depends on the nature of the deal) can't even rule out something out the blue such as a sale of Dacoure IMO - again would generate a significant bet gain on P&S (think it's curious so far we've not exerted the option in his contract as it'd make P&S sense to do so now if we intend to keep him.

It would really help with costs mate, i hope you are right - its something we've struggled with. Even getting rid of Gomes and Gbamin saves us £40 million over the last two years of their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.