Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way we won’t sell him is if he’s crap. If he reaches the potential we think he has, he will probably leave as I don’t see us progressing quickly unfortunately
He will be outstanding for us. Will turn around in the January transfer window and say "Im not going anywhere, once Everton has touched you......etc"

Come next June he will leave for City, United or Chelsea.

He will be outstanding for us. Will turn around in the January transfer window and say "Im not going anywhere, once Everton has touched you......etc"

Come next June he will leave for City, United or Chelsea.
If he does then it means he did well which means we had a good season and would make a profit.

Obviously his size has been talked about a lot, but I LOVE a big central midfielder. I love watching Soucek. Rice gets more plaudits but he's been so key for them. Just adds a whole different dimension. Obviously used to love Fellaini as well. Onana looks like he moves very smoothly for 6'5". Should be really fun next to Gana honestly. We might actually be a nuisance in midfield for the first time in years.

I think we we're brought up in the conversation a few weeks ago, but agent talk I think.

Arteta confirmed tonight we're after 1 or 2 more signings, I'm thinking a mid / winger

Tielemans or a Sangare + Gakpo.

When I think of 'big/tall' midfield pairings I think of Vieira and Petit. Those two were fantastic together and currently only really Rice and Soucek are of 'similar' ilk.

Sangare is such a frustration. We were able to sign him and all the talk was of us signing him for £8mil a few years ago.

He'd be an ideal partner for Onana actually. Surprised he didnt get a bigger move than PSV and its strange hes still there.

He'd be a good player for Arsenal and I'd rather him than Gana for us.

This is exactly the kind of signing you want.
Young and eager to impress. If he does well you make a huge profit in a few years. And even if he doesn't do that well, you still probably make a profit.

1659748955553.png

I’m just loving the west ham situation. They thought he was in the bag. All excited about his arrival and then ‘boom’ comes crashing down - tinpot club.

Status
Not open for further replies.