Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably gonna be a good player, even great but have you ever seen such nonsense. Imagine being an actual football based journalist and coming out with a statement like that. As if the likes of Pedri, Gavi, Camavinga, Tchouameni, Bellingham and more don’t exist and aren’t first choices at their clubs challenging for titles and European trophies.

I think whoever said that (and I think he's perhaps made it up) may be proven to be not far off....you never know.

Funnily enough I actually think of Vieira when it comes to young players with limited game time hitting the top very quickly.

Vieira was in AC Milans reserves before Wenger snapped him up. Similar looking size and characteristics based on limited viewing.

As you touched upon, in Europe currently theres probably 5 standouts (Tchouameni is 22) at the u21 age:

Spain: Gavi / Pedri
France: Camavinga
Holland: Gravenberch
England: Bellingham

Ive read that Tarkowski joined as he wants to get back in the England squad...Coady wants to make the world cup squad.

Other report was that Onana wants to make the Belgian world cup squad and feels with Gana next to him and working under Lampard he could make it.

Get into that Belgian squad and push Witsel out and he'll be up there in the top half a dozen of u21s.

Probably gonna be a good player, even great but have you ever seen such nonsense. Imagine being an actual football based journalist and coming out with a statement like that. As if the likes of Pedri, Gavi, Camavinga, Tchouameni, Bellingham and more don’t exist and aren’t first choices at their clubs challenging for titles and European trophies.

suspect that's been edited to protect the source, final comment probobly said he was phenomenal

Status
Not open for further replies.