Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
People love to hate on Keane. Like an excessive amount.

I guess if he put in some thundering challenges like Godfrey that would get him off the never having a good game ever.
Perhaps if he stopped gifting the opposition goals people might be a bit more tolerant.

I know it’s been a few weeks off, but have you actually forgotten how embarrassing he was at times last season?

I would sell any of our centre halves, other tha Tarkowski (who i rate highly) if there was a half decent offer. But Keane is absolutely not our weakest defender and we won't be rushing to sell him. He gets far more stick but is no worse than any of the rest of our defenders from last year.
He isn't going to get any better than he currently is. If we don't sell him soon, we'll not get a penny back on him.

Re book vale, it's my admittedly rough mathematics. Where do you see his book value?

Would you ask £20m as a means to get them to give up, or because you think somebody somewhere would pay that? Would you advocate Everton buying him for £20m if he was currently playing in the prem for some other club?
I wouldn’t advocate Everton paying the sort of fees 99% of players go for so that isn’t really relevant. I’d agree that somewhere in the region of £20m would seem like a fair market price for a player like Keane, and I say that as someone who’s been slating him for the last 5 years.

Re book vale, it's my admittedly rough mathematics. Where do you see his book value?

Would you ask £20m as a means to get them to give up, or because you think somebody somewhere would pay that? Would you advocate Everton buying him for £20m if he was currently playing in the prem for some other club?
25m x 5 years = 5m per year
3 years 15m
10m left when signed a new contract
10m x 5 years = 2m per year
3 years left = 6m

Im saying if somebody asked to buy him I would start at 20m.

Your suggesting we ring around and offer him about for 9.4m, he would certainly have many takers at that amount.

Its a moot point, cos its unlikely hes sold, but if he was we would get about 20m, IMO.

No, I wouldnt pay 20m for Michael Keane, but we could get that.

Perhaps if he stopped gifting the opposition goals people might be a bit more tolerant.

I know it’s been a few weeks off, but have you actually forgotten how embarrassing he was at times last season?
I thought he was our best CB aside from Mina who I honestly can't say if he's better or worse since he doesn't play

Attachments

• 63B88915-EEC7-488A-84C7-42568E62D272.jpeg
    63B88915-EEC7-488A-84C7-42568E62D272.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 35

Status
Not open for further replies.