Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wont sell Keane for 10m.

IF somebody wanted to buy him it would be around 20m.
Why?

Do you mean you think other clubs currently value him at around that figure? What do you base that on?

Or if you're saying we wouldn't accept less than that, what makes you think so? His book value is roughly £9.4m, why would we hold out for loads more in our financial situation, when we have four other senior CBs?

Here's the kicker: If Keane was currently at Forest, Brighton, Palace or Newcastle, would you want him? And if so, what would you call a fair price?

Keane turns 30 in January 2023. His contract runs until June 2025, so his book value is fairly low at just under £9.4m (£25m divided by 8 years = £3.125m per year). He's widely reported to be on more than £70k p/w.

Keane cannot play in a 3 CB system and would not, with everyone fit, be a starter in a 2 CB system. He cannot play elsewhere. He cannot lead/organise the defence. He ONLY looks any good in a back four playing a low block, with a big character alongside him to lead, organise and keep him from crumbling mentally.

If another CB on relatively big money comes in then Keane AND Mina will have to leave within six months otherwise our wages to income ratio will get hammered again, causing us more P&S issues.

I would take £10m for Keane right now. Absolutely no question. It would be a small profit against book value but it would take a hefty wage off the payroll and get a very limited player out of the squad.

If we wanted to make a similar small profit on Godfrey this summer we'd have to sell him at around £15m due to his current book value.

Holgate? Book value is super low because his original transfer fee was modest. Any sale now would be almost pure profit. There is a financial argument for selling him, yes. But he's on lower wages than Keane, is younger and faster, can play in 2 CB and 3 CB systems and can also fill in as a RB in a flat 4. He makes errors, but certainly no more than Keane.

Even if Keane was the better player (and he isn't), the numbers are pretty clear. An offer of £10m would be enough to let him go.
I would sell any of our centre halves, other tha Tarkowski (who i rate highly) if there was a half decent offer. But Keane is absolutely not our weakest defender and we won't be rushing to sell him. He gets far more stick but is no worse than any of the rest of our defenders from last year.

Why?

Do you mean you think other clubs currently value him at around that figure? What do you base that on?

Or if you're saying we wouldn't accept less than that, what makes you think so? His book value is roughly £9.4m, why would we hold out for loads more in our financial situation, when we have four other senior CBs?

Here's the kicker: If Keane was currently at Forest, Brighton, Palace or Newcastle, would you want him? And if so, what would you call a fair price?
I think his book value is lower than 9.4m by the way.

Im basing it on what I would charge a club who wanted to buy him.

So, we go into the first game of the season with zero improvement in midfield and have lost both of the main forwards.

A new centre back potentially makes the defence a bit stronger but we will see.

The club is an absolute joke.

Be very surprised if any points out of the first 2 games.

I think his book value is lower than 9.4m by the way.

Im basing it on what I would charge a club who wanted to buy him.
Re book vale, it's my admittedly rough mathematics. Where do you see his book value?

Would you ask £20m as a means to get them to give up, or because you think somebody somewhere would pay that? Would you advocate Everton buying him for £20m if he was currently playing in the prem for some other club?

So, we go into the first game of the season with zero improvement in midfield and have lost both of the main forwards.

A new centre back potentially makes the defence a bit stronger but we will see.

The club is an absolute joke.

Be very surprised if any points out of the first 2 games.
"Judge us at the end of the window"

The club were at least clear about their ambitions. They seem ok with risking us making a poor start and potentially being right down at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.