Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coady maybe at the end of the window but would rather a younger cb, if we can get onana and gana done it has to be a striker next.

I'm far less certain than I was a week ago - if Gueye and Onana arrive, they're both deeper lying players in a midfield which is what Gilmour is. As much as I would like Gilmour here, I don't see it now tbh

A 433 with Gilmour, Onana and Gueye has precious little creativity in it and nobody really joining the attack

I say this as a big Gilmour admirer, but I'm now struggling to see this happening
I’d like to think we’d still get Gilmour even if we sign both. He’s something different, and can be some creativity from deep. We don’t have that option at all really.

Couldn’t see all three starting at the same time but we know as much as any fans your starting xi goes out the window when the season starts. I could see a situation where if all three stay fit Onana and Gueye play together as ball winners against the bigger possession teams but Gilmour comes in for one of them to give us more creativity against the bottom half teams we struggle to break down.

Obviously we need to start shipping midfielders out the door too though.

Chaps, how do we afford Onana and Coady, before we even get the two strikers in we need? It doesn’t make sense I tells ya
I think there’s money there, but to justify Coady there surely has to be a defender leaving. Ideally Keane but maybe someone’s taking a punt on Mina. Holgate we would probably also sell but as a more mobile defender I wouldn’t really replace him with Coady.

I think there’s money there, but to justify Coady there surely has to be a defender leaving. Ideally Keane but maybe someone’s taking a punt on Mina. Holgate we would probably also sell but as a more mobile defender I wouldn’t really replace him with Coady.
It will be Mina.
Coady will be on 40-50k less than Yerry, so it would make a lot of sence

Conor Coady being linked by Alan Myers?
Fortunately Alan Myers doesn't get it right very often.

Not keen on Cody, always thought he was a bit overrated as a CB but he does appear to be a good captain and leader. Not overly keen on the ex RS element either but hey, Peter Reid.

But the main reason I'm not in favour is we obviously have limited funds and the position he plays is not a priority in comparison to other positions. And he won't come cheap. He is the Wolves captain, has 3 years left on his contract and is part of the current England squad.

Hopefully this is just paper talk. Doesn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.