Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally no. But we did it under Moyes for a decade, it's not uncommon.

And to be fair...with our finances waiting as long as possible seems to be the better bet just for situations like this
The difference now though is we were solid in defence and midfield then with an identity. This team will leak goals and is mentally fragile. We would be 4 games minimum because for all we know DCL might be out significantly longer in with zero points and suddenly adrift before an even tougher run of games. If this is allowed to happen then it's football suicide. We're would our goals come from?

First name we have been linked with in years that has genuinely excited me.

He is already pretty boss, only 20, will fill a huge void in midfield.

Massive sell on potential. Exactly the type of signing we should be making. A midfield pairing of him and Gana would be brutal. Add in Doucoure and Iwobi getting about, it's an exciting prospect.

I wonder if Frank would consider 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 if we got both.

Pickford
Patterson Mina Tarkowski Mykolenko
Gana Onana
McNeil Dele/Iwobi Gordon
DCL

That team can be top 10.

Ahhhhh why do I do this, just pump ourselves up only to be sledgehammered when we sign Winks and Che Adams.

The Minnesota game I think showed Lampard without doubt whst we needed to do to play the formation he wants, Gueye and this lad seemingly being the top two targets highlights that.

They come in we go to a back 4 during this season

Can't get my head around this. Only possibly is that we'll be paying for him over a 7 year contract??

Moshiri wasn't messing around this time, jeez

Dunno what I'm more shocked by us lashing £30m about or him WANTING AND CHOOSING us at the moment?

The difference now though is we were solid in defence and midfield then with an identity. This team will leak goals and is mentally fragile. We would be 4 games minimum because for all we know DCL might be out significantly longer in with zero points and suddenly adrift before an even tougher run of games. If this is allowed to happen then it's football suicide. We're would our goals come from?
Surely that’s the point of signing Tarkowski, Gana and Onana.. to get back that solidity and stop leaking goals. The best teams are always built on solid foundations and ours has been a shambles for too long

Status
Not open for further replies.