2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were always working at the window closing 31st August and not the 6th August.
That's what I'm saying: if he isn't backed this window he should take a principled stand and walk.

His stock is high: he saved us in the run in and he'd have every right to declare that his job had been made impossible if Richarliosn was sold and he didn't get a replacement in.

Results will dictate that. There's no point blaming the fans either. At one point or other during the last six years, each and every fan probably wanted to give a particular manager time while the majority of the fanbase bayed for blood (whether that was Roberto, Koeman, Silva, Big Sam, Benitez, Carlo, or Frank). In the end, the mob got its way (rightly or wrongly). Many fans will, therefore, expect the same standards to apply to any manager who they are not emotionally invested in.

My position on Frank is clear. I don't particularly rate him but know he is not the problem. As an Everton fan, I wish him only the best. But if he runs into a run of untenable results a la Benitez, well, I won't be manning a stout defence of the man's continued employment. I know the problem is in the board room. Lampard is almost beside the point. Any manager is. This is not a squad that can be expected to do anything more than scrap for survival. So, in that sense, Frank really just needs to avoid regular thrashings at the hands of the bottom half of the table and keep us relatively comfortable in lower mid-table to hang on to the poison chalice, I mean, job. If he can't do that, well, who cares really.
I think this is an important point. I'm right behind Lampard, probably more so than any other manager since Moyes. I also know that this season is going to be tough, and much of it isn't going to be enjoyable. That said, we lost a few games by 4 and 5 under him last year, and had a run of 6 defeats in 7 games. Any manager is going to come under fire if those things happen, and people have to accept that. It doesn't mean he'll need to be sacked if it happens again, or that everyone has turned on him, but questions will (and should) be asked when that type of thing happens.

That's what I'm saying: if he isn't backed this window he should take a principled stand and walk.

His stock is high: he saved us in the run in and he'd have every right to declare that his job had been made impossible if Richarliosn was sold and he didn't get a replacement in.
If he walks we get Duncan in.

If he walks we get Duncan in.
1600px_COLOURBOX10531073.jpg

It's really not, except amongst Evertonians. "He took Everton from 16th to 16th."

He needs to get us further up the table this season. He won't have any suitors as good as Everton if he walks.

He has accrued the same number of points as Mike Walker did in his first 18 games in charge, and lost more matches.

Im not going to check but if that can be thrown out there then i'd say Howard Kendall's early days here must have been similar or even worse.

It's really not, except amongst Evertonians. "He took Everton from 16th to 16th."

He needs to get us further up the table this season. He won't have any suitors as good as Everton if he walks.

Amongst Evertonians it is. Outside of the club it'd more than decent.

The criticism or doubts he gets are from the Kopite infested media...for obvious reasons: he made them cry as a player and he called out their PED pushing manager as a nobhead.

Amongst Evertonians it is. Outside of the club it'd more than decent.

The criticism or doubts he gets are from the Kopite infested media...for obvious reasons: he made them cry as a player and he called out their PED pushing manager as a nobhead.
At present, if he left Everton on principle - as you suggest - he'd damage his career.

He'd look like a quitter, and I don't think another Premier League club would employ him.

At present, if he left Everton on principle - as you suggest - he'd damage his career.

He'd look like a quitter, and I don't think another Premier League club would employ him.
He'll look like a car crash if he stays here with no attackers.

We were always working at the window closing 31st August and not the 6th August.
Unfortunately the league doesn't start on 1 September so that strategy is fundamentally flawed.

I dont see how the manager has been backed in any way given his current forward options. There are better options available for some league 1 bosses.

Moyes used to make attacks out of Osman McFadden Cahill Fellaini Stracqualursi Vellios etc.

Will be a decent test of Lampard to see how he deploys the attacking players we do have in DCL’s absence.

You were giving a free pass to Benitez last season because he had injuries, so we’re doing the same with Lampard I’m afraid.
Raffa had easy opening games - Frank has not - too many pessimistic characters with a crab happy face on here -Frank -give him a chance - working on a shoestring budget ......

HK would have been sacked before his glory years - remember

Status
Not open for further replies.