2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the critics of Dom on GOT giving him loads because they reckon he`s no-good
Gomes Gbamin Mina and others need to be sold as well. We need to find solutions whatever way we can. This is all about staying in the premier league now. Its embarrassing and pathetic but thats where we are. If we don't sign a goalscorer then we are going to get relegated.
we`ll batter Chelsea. Dele will get a couple along with one from McNeil. Everton 3 to zero #GoEvertonSoccer

Gomes Gbamin Mina and others need to be sold as well. We need to find solutions whatever way we can. This is all about staying in the premier league now. Its embarrassing and pathetic but thats where we are. If we don't sign a goalscorer then we are going to get relegated.
People need to want to buy them. Most of the players are up for sale at the right price.

Mina is great, but he's very injury prone and on big wages. So who wants him? And is that trade off of perhaps an £8m fee worth the damage to our defence even if he's only there 15-20 games a season. Would depend on the offer, wouldn't it.

Gomes - the club want him gone, they are looking for options. Why would teams be interested, he's on huge wages and has been crap for 2 years. So they'll wait until the end of the window to come in and try and get him for cheap or on loan.

Gbamin is up for sale.

Tim mate, you're doing it again.

If you are one injury away from this dire situation then the squad isn't fit for purpose and the DOF needs to fix it right now. Trying isn't good enough. This is about results.
The same club that appointed Benitez the same club that were involved in selling Rom and bringing in six number tens and no forward of quality. The same board that were involved with selling Gana and bought his replacement in the week before the season off the back of AFCON and he was rushed into the team only to sustain major injuries. The board and the process are shambolic levels of mismanagement and squad building we sold a key player and didn't replace him, meaning one injury leaves us with no forwards heading into the first match it's absurd for a EPL club to be in this position. We just finished sixteenth and they sold our talisman and top scorer and put all their chips on Dom a player who was injured for large portions of last season because they are totally I felt and have plunged us into financial constraints. Negligence again!

and that money has to be spread over tiny instalments because of our awful FFP situation
Proper Everton isnt it really, the 1 person we cant afford to lose, every single other player in the squad we have a replacement, granted not always of the same quality, but we could get by.

Apart from Dom.

Its a shame, a real shame, I just hope the lad is ok, you know, in himself.

and that money has to be spread over tiny instalments because of our awful FFP situation
FFP doesn't take instalments into account. It doesn't matter if u pay a quid a year for the next million years or all upfront; FFP will still account for the sale based upon the duration of the player's contract

Proper Everton isnt it really, the 1 person we cant afford to lose, every single other player in the squad we have a replacement, granted not always of the same quality, but we could get by.

Apart from Dom.

Its a shame, a real shame, I just hope the lad is ok, you know, in himself.
It is and I do too.

But having one striker who had injuries throughout last season and is really the only one worthy of leading the line is negligence its not bad luck. It's bad planning. If we hadn't brought Tarks in and were relying on Mina again, I would say the same.

It is and I do too.

But having one striker who has injuries and is really the only one worthy of leading the line is negligence its not bad luck. It's bad planning.
It is bad planning, but they have been attempting to get another striker in. But they have limited funds, and as well as a striker, we needed, at the least, 2 midfielders, a wide player.

That's not counting the CB we got on a free and the LB we got on loan.

We also need those players to replace Richarlison, who offered a package worth about 3 players - a good finisher, a workhorse and a creative player all in one who could play anywhere across the front three.

We're doing all of this, or trying to do it all, on the back of a near relegation season, when money is tight and every financial move we make is being scrutinised. It's not an excuse, but it's where we are.

don`t it always seem to go
that you don`t know what you`ve got
til Dom`s gone
pave Anfield over put up a parking lot
shoop shoop shoop shoop

Status
Not open for further replies.