2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Lampard is smarter than the board mate, by accounts he's been the one pushing hardest for Broja, maybe a good pro knows what these injuries mean more than a guy whose never played the game.

Think he was wanting him as he expected sooner or later this would happen

…definitely, Lampard has specific ly said he wants robust & reliable players. He’ll be as suspect of DCL as many of us are.

Yes but you wanted to sell Everton's only two goalscorers over the course of the last 3 seasons which I think is really strange and risky to do in the same window.

That doesn't mean I don't want Everton to go and get another striker.

But there's also not been interest in Dom. Newcastle aside. If he's fit, I think they'd come in for him later in the window. But he might now not be fit.

In normal circumstances mate no I wouldn't want to sell them

But when one has to go it should have been the one with massive concerns about his durability.

Obviously Richy was going so it's not a case of us choosing which went

Then with the funds from that sale nit effectively bring available to replace.

The question is how do you replace those goals whilst having the real possibility/probability that your only other goalscorer could also easily go down.

Answer is sell him and use those funds to do so / or attempt to do something.

As it is now we have the real possibility of having no cf at the club. Because we crossed our fingers and hoped something fragile wouldn't break.

For the worth he had he was worth more to sell to reinvest then to keep and hope

The one positive thing I can come up with is it’s much better something like this happening on the 2nd of August than the 2nd of September.
About the only positive. Think it was Eggs said in here once the quad goes a player usually ends up blighted with injuries afterwards. We should've sold him instead of Richy if it was an option. Desperately need a striker in now who can score at least 10 goals a season or we're in the same trouble we were in last season if not worse.

He’s completely finished I think.
Shame if it is his quad. Is a good player, but appallingly managed last season with the managers choice of back up also being appaling.

We needed a decent back up already, but now they also need to be ready to step straight in, so no pressure.

If true that sounds like the quad again we are in massive trouble

Injured kicking a ball.

give-up.gif

He wasn't just injured though was he?

The bottom line is that we cant rely on this player. I'm sure this will be a couple of weeks out, but it'll recur.

We need to ideally get two strikers in and get shut of Rondon...and look eventually to get shut of DCL.

That's what any functioning and serious football club would be looking to do...Look for upgrades.

Of course, Everton will just persevere...
Definitely need competition up top.

We should have had a striker in. We have tried - Cornet, Broja, Gibbs-White. I agree trying isn't good enough, they need to be in asap, but unfortunately Everton - through every fault of their own - haven't had money.

Let's say they had paid £20m up front for Gibbs-White like Wolves wanted. That was Everton done, for the window. Nothing, nada, unless they'd managed to flog some other players - which they still need to do.

As it is they've managed to stretch funds over 2-3 signings. They might have to now bite the bullet and go and pay Cornet's fee that Burnley want (a lot of it upfront) or same with Dennis at Watford. But don't expect other signings if that happens.
Cornet and Gibbs-White aren't strikers, are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.