2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it has been proven numerous times that he isn’t a bad sub to bring on in the last 3rd of a game, if we need to hold onto the ball and the pace has dropped to a level he can cope with a bit better.

Despite his limitations he can still do that and is quite strong at holding players off.

Obviously wouldn’t start him again and would still sell him if any interested buyers.
couldnt understand despite so many examples numerous managers kept starting him. yet with the same result. complete rubbish.

as you say when brought on 20 mins to go against mid to lower team to hold possession he was very good and did a job.

This bloke was a bit of a golden boy. His hanging around now has sullied his reputation.
Obviously means nothing to him.
I doubt another " hug Andre" session would have them queuing down the street.

No, what a ridiculous suggestion. And if our players did their jobs then people wouldn't been to complain about them. Millions of pounds to almost get themselves relegated. Worst wages-to-points earned ratio in Premier League history.
He is right though.
I have never seen you post anything remotely positive about Everton or it's players.

He is right though.
I have never seen you post anything remotely positive about Everton or it's players.
Yes, it's a truly wonderful time in our history to be a supporter of FC Everton isn't it? I was 8 when we last won anything. I've seen enough of the horrible carts to last a lifetime. It is bad when you're even reminiscing of the no-success Moyes' days just because there was a group of players not shy of putting in 100% effort. Will we be successful soon? Not a chance, not even a cup is realistic in the seasons ahead. So no need to sugar coat anything on here. The stadium is the single good thing we've got going for us.

Yes, it's a truly wonderful time in our history to be a supporter of FC Everton isn't it? I was 8 when we last won anything. I've seen enough of the horrible carts to last a lifetime. It is bad when you're even reminiscing of the no-success Moyes' days just because there was a group of players not shy of putting in 100% effort. Will we be successful soon? Not a chance, not even a cup is realistic in the seasons ahead. So no need to sugar coat anything on here. The stadium is the single good thing we've got going for us.
You busy Christmas Day mate ?

The season Silva paired him with Gana was The last time we had a good balance in midfield. Gana won all the ball and covered ground, Gomes is talented on the ball.

Fell apart when we let Gana go at the end of that season and then Gomes broke his ankle.

Hasn’t looked the same player since and has been given time and chances to get back to his level but hasn’t come close. Any semi serious football club would have done everything possible to move him on last summer. Of course, we didn’t.

Shame it worked out this way, there was a classy talented footballer in there - just not worked out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.