2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this level, Dulwich is not much chop as a togger player. Seems a nice enough bloke, and many GOTers would not kick him out of their bumming bed, but his heart just isn't into the footie.

Think it has been proven numerous times that he isn’t a bad sub to bring on in the last 3rd of a game, if we need to hold onto the ball and the pace has dropped to a level he can cope with a bit better.

Despite his limitations he can still do that and is quite strong at holding players off.

Obviously wouldn’t start him again and would still sell him if any interested buyers.

£100k a week for somebody who will only start in an injury crisis is a disaster. Needs to go if he has any ounce of professionalism left in him.

Love how people here seem to overlook the horrific injury which saw him go from easily our best midfielder to a bit of a passenger. Don’t underrate how much that injury changed things when you’re all talking like he won a raffle to play for us.

He was good, the fake tears of Son changed that.
The injury is a convenient excuse for his crab-like football, in my opinion. He was ineffective before that, too. One goal in his Everton career. Should be kin ashamed of himself.

He's been a big let down from the player he was When we immediately signed him on loan.
There's still a player there but he's more suited to continental style than the rough and tumble of the Premiership.
His departure is long overdue.

The injury is a convenient excuse for his crab-like football, in my opinion. He was ineffective before that, too. One goal in his Everton career. Should be kin ashamed of himself.
Yeah I’m sure his shame of coming on loan and impressing enough to get a perm deal, start most games and then get injured resulting in becoming a lesser player is crippling, mate.

Yeah I’m sure his shame of coming on loan and impressing enough to get a perm deal, start most games and then get injured resulting in becoming a lesser player is crippling, mate.
Honestly he was pretty poor before that and I'm quite sure many on here will agree. The injury allows people to look favourably on him and gets him a lot of sympathy, but he really did little before that other than a handful of very good performances. One great game out of 10 is never acceptable.

Think it has been proven numerous times that he isn’t a bad sub to bring on in the last 3rd of a game, if we need to hold onto the ball and the pace has dropped to a level he can cope with a bit better.

Despite his limitations he can still do that and is quite strong at holding players off.

Obviously wouldn’t start him again and would still sell him if any interested buyers.
I agree about how he can still influence a game when coming on late as this has been when he's resembled the player we first saw on loan.

Yet, if we're paying close to £100k per week as a not-so super substitute we're in a perilous position. It's these wages though that'll make him hard to move on.

Love how people here seem to overlook the horrific injury which saw him go from easily our best midfielder to a bit of a passenger. Don’t underrate how much that injury changed things when you’re all talking like he won a raffle to play for us.

He was good, the fake tears of Son changed that.
Was thinking the same.

I'm pretty sure a lot of our fans were loving his first season with us when he was on loan. Got him back, had a terrible injury, hasn't kicked on. Its as simple as that really.

I wouldn't go as far to say he was a horrific signing.

Wish him well wherever he goes. Just a shame really

Status
Not open for further replies.