• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
….regardless of religion, it’s just a wrong view he expressed. I think this is more about educating him and there is no better way of doing that than for him & his family living in a society where such things are not only tolerated but accepted as normal.

Let life experience take its course, if he never changes his view it’s a sad reflection on him.
Got any quotes on this view he expressed?

This is what I don’t understand. Barcelona are financially embarrassed so they splurge on Lewandowski. Makes no sense
There situation is very different to ours,they are a national institution without them and Real Spanish football doesn't exist. But I think Chelsea and a few other top sides were in for him,only we would turn our noses up at a player with top CL experience because he's 32/33 only weeks ago Tarkowski was an aged crock.

There situation is very different to ours,they are a national institution without them and Real Spanish football doesn't exist. But I think Chelsea and a few other top sides were in for him,only we would turn our noses up at a player with top CL experience because he's 32/33 only weeks ago Tarkowski was an aged crock.
Here's a little background to how Real Madrid have worked over the years.

"By the end of the 20th century the land surrounding the Real Madrid’s Ciudad Deportiva training ground was no longer on the outskirts of Madrid, but had become a transportation hub with the north of the city and a financial area.

Its location along the Castellana further increased the land’s value. With Real Madrid’s debts mounting in the late 1990s, plans to re-zone and commercially develop the land were mooted by the council several times, but it wasn’t until the presidency of Florentino Pérez that these plans came to fruition.

In 2000, the motion was re-introduced, voted on, and approved in the Madrid parliament to re-zone the area of the Ciudad Deportiva, which until then was zoned for non-commercial purposes – Madrid immediately moved to sell the property for financial gain".

They've also sold a big chunk of future profits. It's an interesting bet Barca is placing, if they can grow and in turn Spanish TV revenues grow it could all work out.

If they don't capitalize and build a winner in these next 5 years, it's going to set them back quite a bit imo. It's a really puzzling place to end up after all the success in Messi's career, but really shows how mismanaged they've been financially.

As a player I think he'll bolster Everton on the pitch but its still quite the embarrassing indictment of our asinine and unimaginative recruitment over the years.
To be fair I’d prefer we go after free transfers like this that will improve the squad instead of blowing millions on pointless players in their 30’s (or just crap wasters in general). As long as the money we have goes to good use, we got a steal here

They've also sold a big chunk of future profits. It's an interesting bet Barca is placing, if they can grow and in turn Spanish TV revenues grow it could all work out.

If they don't capitalize and build a winner in these next 5 years, it's going to set them back quite a bit imo. It's a really puzzling place to end up after all the success in Messi's career, but really shows how mismanaged they've been financially.
They rely on the socios model knowing the Provincial government would never let then flounder. Politics and football are inextricably linked here.

Has he ever gone on record about his reasons or is this all supposition?
Nope so I’m going to make one up.
He didn’t want to support LGBTQ+ rights because he used to get bullied at school for his name and referred to as ‘Gueye Boy’ by all the other kids on the football team and he never really got over it and didn’t want to be associated with it again bless him.

Literally nobody knows how he feels about homosexuality or how strongly he feels about it but everyone knows he’s a great footballer and seemed a good guy whilst here who was well respected by his team mates and did stuff for charity so I’m well up for re-signing him!

Not happy about him hiding behind religion regarding his views.

And I dont think he will be motivated here, personally, not for any period of time.

But.

I will support him fully if he comes, cos im VERY fickle and honestly I only truly care about Everton winning football matches, things like decency, dignity and morality have no place in football.

To be fair I’d prefer we go after free transfers like this that will improve the squad instead of blowing millions on pointless players in their 30’s (or just crap wasters in general). As long as the money we have goes to good use, we got a steal here
I'd have less qualms about it if he was just brought in to solidify the squad but the fact we're buying back a Midfielder we sold 3 years ago out of desperation because our midfield we failed to strengthen in the meantime is so shambolic. But yeah I agree with your point hes known quality but it shouldn't be happening in the first place

We might have to admit to ourselves that after 3 yrs Gana may not be the player he once was, but such is the state of our Midfield, he looks like Kante in his prime - but he won't be.

1 year loan - no automatic option

Status
Not open for further replies.