Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if you’re aware captaincy has zero to do with playing ability in general. He is a leader, it’s very plain to see and leaders make good captains.

However not really shocked to see you fighting against a normal opinion.
The captain is the figurehead of the club and I think making Tarkowski our figurehead screams for everyone to hear that we're an utter shambles.

He can still lead the team while letting Pickford or DCL or whoever handle being the guy front and center.

The captain is the figurehead of the club and I think making Tarkowski our figurehead screams for everyone to hear that we're an utter shambles.

He can still lead the team while letting Pickford or DCL or whoever handle being the guy front and center.

You didn’t even read my original post did you? I said add him to the vice captaincy. He can wear it when Coleman isn’t playing. Don’t give a toss about figureheads. You don’t need to “play at an exceptional level” to wear a match day armband at Everton.

You didn’t even read my original post did you? I said add him to the vice captaincy. He can wear it when Coleman isn’t playing. Don’t give a toss about figureheads. You don’t need to “play at an exceptional level” to wear a match day armband at Everton.
I think it makes us look exceptionally small time, I'm sorry.

How giving the armband to him will make the dressing room feel I can't say. Lampard seems to be good at that side of things so I think he'll do the right thing.

I think it makes us look exceptionally small time, I'm sorry.

How giving the armband to him will make the dressing room feel I can't say. Lampard seems to be good at that side of things so I think he'll do the right thing.

Again, not reading what I’m saying. I never said make him the full-time captain. Please learn to read and digest my posts properly.

Again, not reading what I’m saying. I never said make him the full-time captain. Please learn to read and digest my posts properly.
I know that, I think giving him the armband at all makes us look small time.

I'd give it to DCL or Pickford before him. Pickford is just as much a vocal presence and DCL is a hard worker who has put in the time with the club already and frankly has a higher standing as a player than Tarkowski ever has.

I'd give it to DCL or Pickford before him. Pickford is just as much a vocal presence and DCL is a hard worker who has put in the time with the club already and frankly has a higher standing as a player than Tarkowski ever has.

Why does this even matter with captaincy? And where does it even come from. You seem to have set your stall out so I will leave it here as I haven’t got time for it.

Why does this even matter with captaincy? And where does it even come from. You seem to have set your stall out so I will leave it here as I haven’t got time for it.
Because when you bring someone into the team who hasn't done squat aside from helplessly flail as his team drops out of the league and then make him the leader of your team you might have players like DCL, Pickford, Dele and others who look at it and say WTF has he done to earn that?

I said it in another post, I don't know how it would be received, I just think it needs to be something you tread carefully on.

Because when you bring someone into the team who hasn't done squat aside from helplessly flail as his team drops out of the league and then make him the leader of your team you might have players like DCL, Pickford, Dele and others who look at it and say WTF has he done to earn that?

I said it in another post, I don't know how it would be received, I just think it needs to be something you tread carefully on.

Give the armband to Dele then he’s achieved more than the rest of them have put together.

Nobody is arsed who's wearing the captain's armband at another club. Quite how it makes a club look "small time" or why anyone outside of Everton would be remotely arsed, or why any Evertonian would be arsed about another team's fans opinion on the captaincy is beyond me.

It'd be a very weird thing to pick up on at another club.

Nobody is arsed who's wearing the captain's armband at another club. Quite how it makes a club look "small time" or why anyone outside of Everton would be remotely arsed, or why any Evertonian would be arsed about another team's fans opinion on the captaincy is beyond me.

It'd be a very weird thing to pick up on at another club.
I meant it more for the mentality within the club

Status
Not open for further replies.