Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems impossible for some to just wait until the windows closed before judging the owner, DOF, manager.

We signed Cahill, Jags, Coleman, Pienaar, Arteta and none of them were big exciting names but they fitted the system.

Fans just want big name or exotic looking signings these days so they can buzz on social media without questioning what will those signings actually bring to the side.
We don't agree very often in the football thread FB but I'm 100% with you on this.

Don’t think this is accurate. Can’t remember too much moaning when we were buying Doucoure Allan and James under Ancelotti.

I do regularly call the players a disgrace, but at least that’s based on actual performance on a pitch not moaning about hypothetical scenarios that may or may not happen when football isn’t even being played.
There was ‘moaning’ about those 3 too, mainly from people who foresaw the things that everybody else started moaning about later, which is exactly my point. Some people will come on and say ‘hmm not sure about this I don’t think we’re doing good business’ and others will go ‘stop moaning everything’s great this is the best window ever’. Then 6 months later the people saying stop moaning are saying oh my god this is a disaster we need to sell everyone right now while the people who ‘moaned’ are fairly chilled because they expected it to happen. You’re one of those who is somehow surprised by how bad we are every single year, despite it being fairly obvious what’s going to happen.

I love how you say stuff like this every single summer and then by Christmas you're throwing all your toys out the pram calling all the players a disgrace and saying there's some sort of curse on the club.
Yeah and I don’t get posts like that because it’s not as black and white as that is it

Transfermarkt says he played 11 times on the right last season alone. The below is for all his games.

View attachment 175135
Interesting. I found this:

Screenshot_20220728-131514-790.png

I must be looking in the wrong place.

His passing was always a weird criticism of him mate, it's basically the Everton way to always find some fault with any player we have, simple thing is he couldn't pass then no matter his defensive work PSG wouldn't ever have signed him.

Is he Pirlo, obviously not, but he does exactly what's needed from him, takes the ball and accurately gets it to the more creative players - isn't that something we are crying our for
I defended his passing when he was here because you’re right people went overboard about it, but no I’m not sure what he does really is something we’re crying out for. You’ve been quite vocal about lampard wanting a 6 who can get on the ball and use it, and gana definitely isn’t that. So do you then see him as an ‘8’? In which case for me he’s just a slightly different version of doucoure - better defensively but not as good going forward - so he would be another signing who doesn’t really address the major issues we have.

I’m concerned that we don’t really know what type of players we want and are just trying to get deals done for whoever we can rather than identifying players who can do what we want from them. Obviously I may be way off but that’s how it seems at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.