Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I don't care about all the discussion about needing a no.6, or a no.8. We need proper midfielders who can do a bit of everything. If you are only good going forward, or only good defensively, or only good at very specific things, then you are not a top midfielder.
In an ideal world yes that's what we want but I understand we're not really in a position to get those players. If we can bring in players who give us a functioning midfield that has all the requisite skills between them then that will do for now. I'm concerned about our ability - and even desire - to do that though.

Yeah but as shown by the table we don't absorb n2 we absorb o2. We may breath "air" but the reason for the process is so the alveolus can absorb the o2. We also say we breath out co2 when as shown by your table we actually breath out less co2 then o2 but the defining part of the respiratory process is we absorb o2 to stay alive and we replace that absorbed o2 with co2 hence we breathe oxygen and we breath out carbon dioxide.

Would you say a fish breaths water? No, you say a fish breaths under water because even though water passes through its gills its breathing the o2 in the water not the actual water.

Just saying.
What's that got to do with the price of fish? Or the transfer window for that matter? :coffee:

His passing stats last season where about 20% higher than anything we have in midfield mate, around 92%
I don't think that comparison really tells us anything though does it. His job in that team was to just give the ball to better players to the damage, which would be a problem for us, because we don't have any better players. I'm not knocking him there, just saying his ability to keep the ball for PSG is pretty irrelevant when looking at what he would bring to us.

I read a stat earlier that he made more tackles than anyone else in the Burnley team last season. We aren't just buying him for attacking purposes.
I think he is an all rounder who works hard for the team.
He will not be a prolific goal scorer.... nor is he expected to be.

I think we do need another striker as we are an injury away from being reliant on Rondon .
That is why I think we may sign Dennis or someone like him, a player that can play centre forward, but other positions as well.

134 Premier League appearances is a lot of experience for a 22 year old

This is an underrated point when it comes to McNeil, you won't often find that much PL experience in a player that young. Some of that experience will have been bad and some good but all experience good and bad is valuable.

Reactions: MKS
I don't think that comparison really tells us anything though does it. His job in that team was to just give the ball to better players to the damage, which would be a problem for us, because we don't have any better players. I'm not knocking him there, just saying his ability to keep the ball for PSG is pretty irrelevant when looking at what he would bring to us.
I do think he disproved the 'he can't pass lad' theory when he was at PSG like. He was never, ever bad on the ball and people really underappreciated how good his all-round game was as a midfielder while he was here.

I'm not sold on him coming back now, unless it's a very cheap, short-term deal. Not particularly because his quality has dropped off (it has a bit, but he's still better than what we have) but because of his age and the fact he's had a lot of niggling injuries while he's been at PSG. Still turned in some superb performances for them mind.

This is before the obvious off-field issue.

His passing was always a weird criticism of him mate, it's basically the Everton way to always find some fault with any player we have, simple thing is he couldn't pass then no matter his defensive work PSG wouldn't ever have signed him.

Is he Pirlo, obviously not, but he does exactly what's needed from him, takes the ball and accurately gets it to the more creative players - isn't that something we are crying our for

Status
Not open for further replies.