Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can McNeil play 5 different positions? Transfermarkt suggests he's only ever played at LB, LWB and LM.
Transfermarkt says he played 11 times on the right last season alone. The below is for all his games.

Screenshot_20220728-094611_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed.. but again, as we saw last season, the toxicity nearly killed us off completely, so surely we must all agree that it must be swerved regardless?

I think players are different from a manager though, often when a team wins, the players get the credit, when they lose, the manager gets the blame.

Unless Barkley scores own goals and gets sent off, he’s probably not going to get any more hate than he used to get anyway for his poor decision making in the final third.

The other way of looking at it, is that we know what he does, and can fill that gap we have for another season, then we can bring in a 6 that's worth bringing in next summer.

It's not ideal but it's an option and at least buys some time for next summer, with minimal cost to the budget (which could allow us to use that money elsewhere).
Maybe just literally no imagination to it, do we employ scouts? Also you need legs in this league he's 32 also his distribution was never his strong suit if Lamps wants to play a passing style.

Can McNeil play 5 different positions? Transfermarkt suggests he's only ever played at LB, LWB and LM.

LWB
LCM
LW
ACM
RW

Also probably LB, LF and RF as well if were being pedantic.

Hes definitely played on the right and in the centre a fait bit. His goal against us was from right / centre...not the left.

Im just very underwhelmed by my beloved club's transfers or lack off. Ive seen that relegation fight coming since last august. We will enter a new one the coming season if these idiots dont produce some results!
We all are underwhelmed, but there is very little we can do, so let's get behind the team and enjoy the season.

I think we may be more likely to sign Dennis now than Cornet.
Dennis can play wide but also as a striker so he could act as a striker if DCL was out, pretty much as Richarlison did.
I hope Thelwell has no interest in Dennis or Cornet whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.