Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand @Connor and other poster's reservations on Gueye. It really will punch a huge hole in the club's image as standing for things that matter...hot on the heels of the gambling sponsorship u-turn.

We desperately need a holding midfielder in though, and if we cant get one of Gueye's quality we may as well take it on the chin and take him.

I would love to have Gana back. Never had a defensive Midfielder as good as him since we let him go, not even close. He instantly improves us and he has still got a couple of years left in him yet at 32.

Hashtag Bring Gana Home. ;)

I would love to have Gana back. Never had a defensive Midfielder as good as him since we let him go, not even close. He instantly improves us and he has still got a couple of years left in him yet at 32.

Hashtag Bring Gana Home. ;)
We didnt have a defensive midfielder whilst he was here. He was a box to box midfielder who loved a tackle. When tasked with screening the defence he’d leave gaps everywhere.

Last proper defensive midfielder we had was Gareth Barry.

he was in France FFS

And why are they legal but being LGBT isn't? You can't say well it's the religion when they're picking and choosing which tenets they're going to follow.

Either it's a religion thing and then the same attitude should be attached to gambling and alcohol or it isn't and he is simply using it as an accuse.

It is really straightforward. He is not living in Senegal, he is living in France. The law differs. It is also 2022 and he is also a man in his thirties with the ability to make his own decisions based on what he believes is right or wrong. Would it be okay for another player to 'claim' that women are not entitled to an education due to religious reasons and refuse to wear a shirt that supports education for women?

His rights should absolutely be respected but if his views are fundamentally in opposition to the values of the club then he shouldn’t be signed.

He also shouldn’t be signed because I imagine he’d be a massively spent force in the PL by this stage.

Big nope from me.

"He was in France"

Have any of you been to Senegal? Do you have any idea of the punishments people receive there for the views you want him to support?

Do none of you understand the potential consequences for him or his family?

Perhaps look into it a little bit?

I find it incredible to accuse someone before knowing why he took such a decision.

Perhaps have a think about some of the 'punishments' people receive in certain places when they go against their countries laws/beliefs...even when doing so overseas.

Comparing with alcohol + gambling sponsors which are (i think) legal in Senegal...

...theres possibly a lack of awareness of the legality and risk he may face.

Anyhow, i think it would be insane to sign him.

We didnt have a defensive midfielder whilst he was here. He was a box to box midfielder who loved a tackle. When tasked with screening the defence he’d leave gaps everywhere.

Last proper defensive midfielder we had was Gareth Barry.
Nah i'd still say he was very much a defensive midfielder. He wasn't a 'sitting' or 'holding' midfielder like Barry, but he was definitely a defensive midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.