Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right I’m in.

Even if he can manage half a season without injury and smash some cracking shots into the opposition goal, it’s worth it. We will stay up. Because we aren’t quite as bad as Burnley overall. Sorry.

….Sligo. Let’s not forget his Dad was watching Sean, noticed Seamus Coleman & recommended him to Everton. £60k Seamus Coleman all because of Sean.
It was Paul Cook, Sligo's manager, who alerted Everton to Coleman...after he'd alerted Celtic to Coleman...who'd turned him down after trials with them.

It was Paul Cook, Sligo's manager, who alerted Everton to Coleman...after he'd alerted Celtic to Coleman...who'd turned him down after trials with them.

DAD35C49-C34B-40E0-8948-4412D5C919EA.jpeg

….could be a few variations on the same theme with recommendations from a number of sources but this one fits with circumstances at the time (except I think Mick left Everton after Sean moved to Fulham).

Last edited:
Mate, you're forgetting that any club hitting the release clause has to have their bid accepted regardless of any higher bids.

As such I can't ever remember a team bidding more than it as it has zero benefits in a 'auction' scenario

I think though for the release clause to be honored it must be paid upfront

This is why the offer of 5m upfront and 20m next year the release doesn't apply

View attachment 174908

….could be a few variations on the same theme with recommendations from a number of sources but this one fits with circumstances at the time (except I think Mick left Everton after Sean moved to Fulham).
Same articled suggests the flow of information on Coleman was from Cook to Doherty to Moyes.

Strikes me of when Fulham last went up. Spent a fortune on numerous players and went straight back down.
Wonder if our sign one on a free will be more successful? Seriously though unless a couple of the many they've signed are just squad players bedding them in could be problematic.

Wonder if our sign one on a free will be more successful? Seriously though unless a couple of the many they've signed are just squad players bedding them in could be problematic.
Of course all teams need to strengthen particularly those that come up. But sometimes signing so many players you lose sight of what got you promoted in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.