2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's baffling me about last season, is that we were playing a 5-3-2, fighting for survival and everyone's moaning Dele isn't playing. You can play Dele in that formation when you're fighting for survival cause he's not that kind of player. As a result of that everyone's written him off.

This season, certainly at the start, I think we'll see a change in formation with Dele playing centrally behind DCL, and we'll see a much better footballer, who'll grow in confidence through the season. Not saying he's going to be amazing but people need to give him a chance to actually get a team where we can play the formation we wanna play with him in it.

We played 3-4-3 under Frank with a bit of 4-3-3.

Don’t think I ever saw us with a front 2. But regardless, we didn’t play a number 10.

I may be off the mark but his interview to me seems like someone who may have depression, don't know enough about him but the signs are there in my opinion, doesn't look like there's any joy behind his eyes and words seem flat.

As I say could be wrong but would explain stuff. Get him enjoying himself again and he may come good, easier said than done though.
i think Dele is an honest lad and just awkward in front of the camera. musicians get interviewed more than most and from what i`ve heard some say - being questioned like this is a very unnatural thing, almost like an interrogation.

Just watched post Blackpool interview. Have to say most player interviews are as dull as ditch water because players are as dull as ditch water (oh for a Pat Nevin). Not this interview though. Came across as a very vulnerable young man who is desperate to do well for our club. Good on him. He has my heart ?

The times i've seen him interviewed in the past I remember he looked really uncomfortable , even sheepish.

Maybe because it was with Darren Griffiths who he'll know very well now he came across really well there emphasising about teamwork and not individuals.
Fair play to the lad.

i think Dele is an honest lad and just awkward in front of the camera. musicians get interviewed more than most and from what i`ve heard some say - being questioned like this is a very unnatural thing, almost like an interrogation.
Pep Guardiola supposedly hates being interviewed too. I imagine having to actually listen to, then answer most of the so called football ‘journalists’, the bulk of whom are borderline illiterate. It always reminds me of the line from the Elvis Costello song ‘Brilliant Mistake’ the one that goes “She said that she was working for the ABC News
It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use”

You know every way this team gets beat. How would you play?
pict--american-football-positions-diagram-defensive-strategy---46-defence.png--diagram-flowchart-example.png

Like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.