2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no objection to him scoring two goals a game if he stays and that’s what he carries on doing, but two things…

1. The commentators (and everyone else tempted to do it) need to stop with the ‘Dele’ first name terms nonsense (cringe - serious ‘JLingz bantz’ vibes there), and;

2. He needs to stop with the heart hand symbols (Waggy waves, Degsy Mount two arms aloft, Richarlison (RIP) swan diving and Cahill corner flag punches are all acceptable forms of celebration - Everton aren’t we?)

He wants to be referred to as Dele as he doesn't get on with his father or something like that. It's not the same as jlingz bantz at all.

If so, my apologies. I’m in frivolous mood.
At the age of 13, he moved into the family home of Alan and Sally Hickford, parents of another young footballer with MK Dons and whom he refers to as his "adoptive parents" although he was never legally adopted by them. In the summer of 2016, Alli elected to stop wearing his surname on his match shirts because he felt no connection with the Alli family name, instead opting for "Dele"

At the age of 13, he moved into the family home of Alan and Sally Hickford, parents of another young footballer with MK Dons and whom he refers to as his "adoptive parents" although he was never legally adopted by them. In the summer of 2016, Alli elected to stop wearing his surname on his match shirts because he felt no connection with the Alli family name, instead opting for "Dele"
I’ve got this wrong, sorry. Please see my responses to other posters.

If we had two decent centre backs or two with a good DM then we would have a lot more options. It's going to be tough trying to fit in our attacking players while having to play 3 at the back.

I'm all for playing him off DCL like he did with Kane and see how it goes though.

Bit of a sad story all around that ^ anyone who hasn't heard of it I'd recommend reading about it. It's why I always use Dele when I post about him on here, but I know not everyone is aware. I'm not going to post anything because most of the stories about it are in trash tabloids, but it certainly gives you a peak into how tough it is for footballers to manage their family life when they go professional at such a young age. Also why we need to take football players' mental health struggles seriously. Certainly gives some perspective and empathy for him, as he has family issues just like all of us.

Bit of a sad story all around that ^ anyone who hasn't heard of it I'd recommend reading about it. It's why I always use Dele when I post about him on here, but I know not everyone is aware. I'm not going to post anything because most of the stories about it are in trash tabloids, but it certainly gives you a peak into how tough it is for footballers to manage their family life when they go professional at such a young age. Also why we need to take football players' mental health struggles seriously. Certainly gives some perspective and empathy for him, as he has family issues just like all of us.
Thanks for your generous reply. Like I say, I didn’t know. I do now. ??

LAD HE EARNS 120K A WEEK, HE HAS NO RIGHT TO BE BOGGED DOWN BY THIS RAT RACE WE CALL LIFE, CANT HE JUST BUY SOME NEW MENTAL, GIVE NURSES FOOTBALLER WAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.