Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not strong enough & a terrible bench.

You not playing Dele?
It's an improvement on our current best starting lineup - it moves three current starting players on to the bench. In fact, I'd add Grillitsch too - sell Gomes and Allan.

Alli is a proper conundrum. He only functions as a second striker, so can only play in a 4231 or a 4411. We'd need to make several changes elsewhere to accommodate him and allow him to thrive. Frankly, I wouldn't have bought him.

I do wonder if Alli can play as a conventional CF though. He could provide backup for DCL.

Players interviewed this summer say they are training in 3-5-2 and 4-3-3.

Alli really only sort of fits in a 3-5-2 unless the 4-3-3 is modified into more of a 4-4-1-1.

I think he’s a luxury we can’t afford unless we build around him. And we don’t have the parts for that.

I think some people at Everton seem to think that there is a greater chance of a bargain the closer it gets to the transfer deadline, but I think it goes the other way. Our desperation increases and we end up signing Iwobi's for 35 million.
Also there's less chance of much quality being left

My thought was they knew the situation so the bluffing wouldn’t be relevant.

we haven’t got any assets left
I’m not so sure, it may be obvious that there are severe problems but only those at the top and possibly the Premier League know just how bad. It wouldn’t be hard to say “Hands up, this is the problem” then intentionally miss key things off.

And it wouldn’t be the first time a Manager has walked from a club stating they were mislead about the situation or weren’t given all of the facts.

In the grand scheme of things Frank knew what they wanted him to know.

I really hope I’m wrong but if Frank suddenly departed then regardless of the reason he gives no one would convince me he wasn’t lied to or wasn’t told the full situation.

The anger of the fans at the time quite rightly pushed Moshiri and Kenwrong into moving for Frank, I for one wouldn’t be surprised by any misleading to get him in.

Players interviewed this summer say they are training in 3-5-2 and 4-3-3.

Alli really only sort of fits in a 3-5-2 unless the 4-3-3 is modified into more of a 4-4-1-1.

I think he’s a luxury we can’t afford unless we build around him. And we don’t have the parts for that.
9 games and we need to pay £10m. He has 8 games to prove.

I think some people at Everton seem to think that there is a greater chance of a bargain the closer it gets to the transfer deadline, but I think it goes the other way. Our desperation increases and we end up signing Iwobi's for 35 million.

If the aim to pick up top 6 cast offs on loan that will happen right at the end of the window. I don’t think Burnley’s position on Cornet or Wolves on MGW will change

Then who are we going to sign? If we can't afford Harry Winks and Maxwell Cornet, who let's face it are pretty uninspiring signings, I shudder to think about the kind of dross we'll end up with
Hang on…

Are you happy or unhappy that we don’t want to spend £20m on Winks?

Status
Not open for further replies.