2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the Patterson is still suspect defensively camp. What I would say is that defending is the easier part of the game. It is coachable in almost any semi-competent footballer. What Patterson does possess with his attacking dynamism is not coachable. Most footballers would sell their grandmother for such dynamism. What I have noticed is I think he has already bulked up since we first signed him. Seen him a few times for Scotland and he now looks bigger.

Struggle to get behind danny mills son, hes a prize C O K C

Never really got into these...bit too taxing for my liking...

Is the answer Les Dennis and Amanda Holden?

Niels and Patterson can't defend. No fullback can nowadays unless the sacrifice attack.

Mykolenko is basically Wan Bissaka with a left foot.

AWB gets a bad press...hed be a brilliant signing for any team out of the top 4-6 places...instantly be one of their best players.

Then play him at LCB

Hes played there before as well.

If anything it should allow us to move on centre backs as hed likely be the best on the left.

I'm in the Patterson is still suspect defensively camp. What I would say is that defending is the easier part of the game. It is coachable in almost any semi-competent footballer. What Patterson does possess with his attacking dynamism is not coachable. Most footballers would sell their grandmother for such dynamism. What I have noticed is I think he has already bulked up since we first signed him. Seen him a few times for Scotland and he now looks bigger.

I reckon he'll need a bit of time but then we'll all rate him as the new Cafu.

Never really got into these...bit too taxing for my liking...

Is the answer Les Dennis and Amanda Holden?

AWB gets a bad press...hed be a brilliant signing for any team out of the top 4-6 places...instantly be one of their best players.

Hes played there before as well.

If anything it should allow us to move on centre backs as hed likely be the best on the left.

I reckon he'll need a bit of time but then we'll all rate him as the new Cafu.

I like AWB. Hes more how fullbacks used to be...defend first (never beaten one on one, positionally very good, great tackler).

But we're living in a time where someone like Iwobi (a winger) wouldn't look out of place in how a modern full back is now.

It's as though the defending can be taught after while skill, pace, and attacking is the natural talent.

Watching the game, Martinelli seemed to get the better of him once, early doors. Couldn’t really see what happened. The only camera was on the opposite stand. But Martinelli did manage to get a ball across into the box. After that, and there were times when Martinelli was 1-1 with Patterson and he never tried to go past him again, not if my memory is correct. Give him time, I’m pretty sure he’ll turn out to be a fine addition to your squad.

Won't be trusted to play in a 4 anytime soon, that's the reality. I think he will be a smashing player but only in a 5 for the time being.

Agreed. Seamus Coleman and Baines spent time working on their defensive game and both became reliable. It's about attitude and willingness to improve that aspect of their game. And defending is a team game. Players have to cover for each other and be okay with that.

How come liverpool havent tried to coach TAA to defend then if its that easy?

How come liverpool havent tried to coach TAA to defend then if its that easy?
I didn't say it was easy. I said defending was easier to learn and coach in relative terms compared to attacking. I also said almost any competent player can learn it, not that it is achievable in 100% of cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.