Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a joke of club, wanting loan deals, struggling in the transfer market. Such a poorly run club, where as most other clubs do their transfer business efficiently and at ease.

Thing is mate, was there a long queue for a lot of the players who became very good for us, who was in for Arteta, Pienaar, Reid, Gray, Carsley, Etc etc etc

You may not rate the lad, he's not messi, but if the manager who git some great performances out if him wants him then I'm happy with it
The difference is that they were all demonstrably good before arriving here.

WTF has Gilmour got to recommend him?

He's lightweight and pace-less and would represent an unambitious signing - he really is at very best a Championship player.

I'm hopeful that Lampard has worked that out. If he hasn't then we're all in trouble if that's what he sees as an acceptable player for this club.

Which player would that be, though?

Winks doesn't have any other takers, MGW doesn't seem to have solid links/offers by anyone else, Cornet seems to be in the same boat (maybe Fulham?), Dennis doesn't seem to be indeed etc. If we are going to drop +£20m on a player, we're not doing a very good job of it so far.
We clearly have a very restricted budget and are trying to stretch it to one or possibly two players.

Need to add goals so i for one see absolutely no reason why we should not buy Gilmour and Winks

We clearly have a very restricted budget and are trying to stretch it to one or possibly two players.

We'll certainly have a restricted budget this summer.

The mad ting is our fans have done nothing but moan in recent summers about us lashing money around and overpaying for players - now they moan when the club takes the time out to negotiate for a lower fee.

The club cannot win with our fans lol

The mad ting is our fans have done nothing but moan in recent summers about us lashing money around and overpaying for players - now they moan when the club takes the time out to negotiate for a lower fee.

You really are the most hypocritical idiot I’ve ever had the misfortune of communicating with.

He's lightweight and pace-less and would represent an unambitious signing - he really is at very best a Championship player.

I'm hopeful that Lampard has worked that out. If he hasn't then we're all in trouble if that's what he sees as an acceptable player for this club.
Dont think you can call any 20 year old a Championship player.

Not a fan of Gilmour, based solely on that Norwich loan, but I certainly wouldnt be putting him in the trash just yet.

This is starting to look a little more than bleak.

Does anyone have any clue, realistically how much we have to spend?

Nearly half a billion in 5 years now its looking like less than 20-25mil is all that is possibly available.

FFS
Nobody outside the high level of the club knows the answer to how much we have to spend; everything on here is pure speculation albeit probably reasonably accurate for the most part.

Let's see what happens between now window close.

Go and get Gana, its very simple. I don't care about his church or views, I want our defence shored up.
On it's own that one move will benefit us hugely.

I get where you are coming from. Money is obviously an extreme limitation.

We could be in a situation where it is no players or those players.

Personally, I would go with the youth or loans rather than buying players we don’t really want.

He's pretty slow too, but cos of that centre of gravity and control he can turn then accelerate away fast which basically negates the lack of speed weaknesses.

Same way Gordon seems faster than he actually is due to his close control

There’s speed and then there is starting speed and speed over five to ten yards, each of those+three things are very different.

I was talking to a coach recently and you would be surprised about which players are the fasted from a starting position as opposed to being the fasted tearing up the wing over a distance.

Last edited:

Well I think it’s fair enough to moan right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.