Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our supposed best centre back who we apparently can’t win without can not take the ball off Pickford and beat any sort of press.
To be fair mate no CB can beat the press by himself he needs good players in and around him. If you watch the teams who are good at it, it all starts with a GK who’s comfortable with the ball at his feet, CB who can move the quickly and accurately and midfield players who will drop into space to receive the ball from said defenders who then can transition the ball thro the lines to start the attacking phase of play, we really don’t have any of the above. ??

You'd do well to read the entire post. You'd learn something.
I read the entire post. It gave him credit for not getting sent off and staying fit. That's where we are. The bare minimum is something we rate.

I also just disagree with the other stuff. He's invisible for long stretches.

It’s a no to Gilmour from me, he’s too lightweight and we have enough of that already. I’d rather have Ampadu who can play in a few positions and is good on the ball too.

I guess my point is he doesn't get the ball and want to do anything. He does a lot of first time passes back to the guy who passed it to him though.

Comparing him to Iwobi is clearly bad faith as he's spent only a handful of games in midfield.

I also have him with less passes attempted per 90 than Allan Delph and Gomes last season on the stats site I look at. So not sure where that's coming from.
Yeah id agree first point, i said it in my original post, last season he noticeably played backwards (my memory was of him being far more progressive first season).
Iwobi i threw in as it had him listed as a midfielder, but again playing wide would reduce but he recorded near double per game.
The website https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/7/Everton/squad
It does have the stats as per game which would be different than 'per 90mins', and it would alter % if he was playing on average more mins/game (more dependable).
But you were the one that blatantly shut down the post, i simply put forward info to suggest otherwise.
And as i said its fine, differing opinions, especially when you have a preference for some more than others?

Alan Ball, arguably our best ever player - twoof his best attributes where tidy ball player and low center of gravity.

Yeah this lad won't ever be that good, but the idea cos yes he's small, yup not fast, again I'll say was Ball either of those?

Can imagine back then people questioning building a side around a 20yo from Blackpool (yup way more proven but still the question would us e been asked)

When you think about it Pienaar was the same mate, he’d never pass the ball more then a couple of meters, worked on the basis on one twos and within triangles, his end product wasn’t great, but he was a wonderful player, progressive player for us.

Really he was converted central midfielder, we used as an inside flanker as a foil for Baines, who could asp come inside in advanced positions to make us thick at spread the play and provide a foundation.

I think there's a very good chance we'll spend that on a player.
Which player would that be, though?

Winks doesn't have any other takers, MGW doesn't seem to have solid links/offers by anyone else, Cornet seems to be in the same boat (maybe Fulham?), Dennis doesn't seem to be indeed etc. If we are going to drop +£20m on a player, we're not doing a very good job of it so far.

As I said in a post earlier, show me anyone else at 20 years old who plays in central midfield and can dictate the tempo of a game. To my knowledge there’s no one. The closest there is to one is Gilmour.
He's neither quick enough or strong enough to make a mark in Everton's midfield. He might be ok in a possession based midfield with quality players around him, but, at Everton, he'd just be overrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.