Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS connection with Gilmour.

It just shows how desperate people are for info on signings when a player Lampard had at Chelsea is released and people start slotting him in our first team.

Nobody is going to build their entire team around a player who has 0 goals and 2 assists in 65 senior appearances. You build teams around matchwinners, not around neat and tidy ball players.

Not sure about that, the Spain team of the early teens had incredible success based on a procession based game with tidy ball players.

Arguably a lot of Peps teams
to.

So many ways you can play the game.

Last edited:

Billy Gilmour will probably end up being a really good player (Kane was also atrocious at Norwich on loan when he was 20) but it isn't going to be next season. We need someone in that role who can contribute consistently now, not just in flashes here and there.

Would you class a Champions League winners medal at age 19 as failure? Admittedly he was on the bench. But I’m pretty sure Chelsea have just extended his contract. Gilmour is going to be a quality player. The only reservation I have is if he’s physically up to the Premiership or if, for example the Spanish league may suit him better.

They just triggered the one year extension written into his existing contract, just whst Chelsea always do to protect the players valuation.

He's 100% off this season, either a straight sake or loan with obligation is my guess.

And yes I'd take him if the price could be haggled down to around 10m

You want goals and assists from a holding midfielder?
No? You want to read what I said again?
Not sure about that, the Spain team of the early teens had incredibly success based on a procession based game with tidy ball players.

Arguably a lot of Peps teams
to.

So many ways you can play the game.
I'm not really sure that's relevant? Are tidy ball players useful? Yes, of course. Do I think either that Spain team or any of Pep's teams have been built to accommodate one tidy ball player? Absolutely not.

I’ll tell you another player you could unsettle if you told him you’d play him in his proper role/position. Scot McTominay, he’s a natural box - box midfielder but is never played there for Man Utd or Scotland. Which is a shame to me, because he’s got the potential to be a very good one.

God no he's in a terrible united side and actually stands out for being more terrible than most in it

Status
Not open for further replies.