Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the way we play suit him? Absolutely none of our players can pass a ball. I reckon Norwich’s style suits a player like him more than ours. We are more anti-football than Burnley.

The way we *want* to play would suit him, I expect. The way we played last season would 100% not suit him.

Chicken and egg

We need to build our team around that failure?!

WTaF?!
Would you class a Champions League winners medal at age 19 as failure? Admittedly he was on the bench. But I’m pretty sure Chelsea have just extended his contract. Gilmour is going to be a quality player. The only reservation I have is if he’s physically up to the Premiership or if, for example the Spanish league may suit him better.

I’ll tell you another player you could unsettle if you told him you’d play him in his proper role/position. Scot McTominay, he’s a natural box - box midfielder but is never played there for Man Utd or Scotland. Which is a shame to me, because he’s got the potential to be a very good one.

Slightly, but the usual caveats apply there - don't think Norwich and the way they play nor the players they had suited him at all

Put another way, my big reason for advocating him is that there's a potentially really high ceiling there and it's a player Lampard knows who plays a role we are looking to fill. You look at the likes of Harry Winks who could be another option on loan and you know what the ceiling is there.

If it's a loan (ideally with an option to buy), I'm 100% in favour of it
I'd have thought he should have suited Norwich's style of play to be honest. I'm pretty sure that was trumpeted at the time as being one of the reasons why it was such a good loan for him. I feel like just because they were rubbish people have assumed they didn't try to play football but if anything their problem was the opposite.

Reckon that Gilmour will be our next signing on loan
In the right midfield he’s quality. Personally I think he’s best in a 4/1/3/2 with Gilmour in the centre of the 3
Could also be a 4/1/3/1/1 if playing 1 out and out centre forward and a 2nd deeper forward.
But you need the right type of midfielders around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.