Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between the fingers in your ears 'everything is absolutely fine let's all laugh at anyone who shows any concern because this has been another great summer for us' attitude and the 'i'm not really happy with how things are going but i'm not necessarily going to start saying we're the worst team in the league' way of looking at things though. Whether you mean to or not, you very much come across like you're in the first camp, and you're pretty much in a minority of one in seeing it that way.
I’m fully aware I’m in the minority but, it is obvious we will improve the team before window shuts, it just is. Yes, we failed last summer (we tried), but that was the first in a very long time and, it is clear we are making moves this.
The stupid comments about not making any signings, the squad being worse than before and relegation battle, before we have even started are pathetic, people have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but chose to dwell on the constant worse case scenario, it’s a waste of energy at this point in the transfer window.

We don't have the worst squad in the league, and we could do a little better than expected this year. But we do have a squad who could get relegated. I'm not saying we will get relegated, because we could easily just avoid it again like we did last year, but it could happen with these players. They are the same squad minus our best player, and plus a decent defender on a free. Overall I think we are a little weaker, and we only got 39 points, so we are not in a good position.
We also had the worst injuries in the league, they were terrible luck, the Rafael implosion and about 8 points robbed by VAR. Tarks will be a huge asset and so will DCL fit and new signings, maybe even a couple of the kids also stepping up
It’s certainly not as bad as people suggesting

I’m fully aware I’m in the minority but, it is obvious we will improve the team before window shuts, it just is. Yes, we failed last summer (we tried), but that was the first in a very long time and, it is clear we are making moves this.
The stupid comments about not making any signings, the squad being worse than before and relegation battle, before we have even started are pathetic, people have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but chose to dwell on the constant worse case scenario, it’s a waste of energy at this point in the transfer window.
It really isn't clear though. It's clear that we'll bring some more players in, but that absolutely isn't the same as improving the team. That's pretty basic stuff really. In the last 8 seasons we've only improved on the previous year's league position twice. Suggesting that it's obvious we're going to improve this time is either being wilfully ignorant or just plain stupid, because the evidence does not support the claim at all. We have very much been in the habit of failing to improve the squad during a transfer window for a long time now, and people have legitimate concerns that we're going to do the same again.

This isn't me saying we're doomed and we definitely won't improve, i'm just pointing out the idiocy of saying we definitely will.

We also had the worst injuries in the league, they were terrible luck, the Rafael implosion and about 8 points robbed by VAR. Tarks will be a huge asset and so will DCL fit and new signings, maybe even a couple of the kids also stepping up
It’s certainly not as bad as people suggesting

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes in these posts. I think you are overrating our squad by quite a lot. You are talking in definitive terms about things that none of us know. You kept telling us things were obvious last summer too, and we didn't strengthen the squad.

There's nothing clear at all about where we will be after the window shuts. Unless you can tell the future then you don't know. All we do know, is that the league starts in under 3 weeks and the squad is looking very poor. We lost our best player and don't have much quality in attack.

We got 39 points last year - the table doesn't lie. We don't have much margin for error and it's unrealistic to expect this same squad minus Richarlison to do a lot better.

Fingers crossed!
Hoping for?

I know Lampard does like Gilmour a lot and he probably fits the profile what Everton need and are looking for. But he was poor last season. Very poor. Probably worse than Tom Davies or Harry Winks ever have been.

Also the Chelsea news are that he left the camp to potentially join up with their U23 squad. After not being among the 22 players getting minutes in their friendly yesterday.

It just feels like getting Gilmour in now could be a waste for a loan spot. Blocking other loans from Chelsea and leaving us with just one domestic loan for the season.

Are you hoping for a permanent Gilmour signing?

It really isn't clear though. It's clear that we'll bring some more players in, but that absolutely isn't the same as improving the team. That's pretty basic stuff really. In the last 8 seasons we've only improved on the previous year's league position twice. Suggesting that it's obvious we're going to improve this time is either being wilfully ignorant or just plain stupid, because the evidence does not support the claim at all. We have very much been in the habit of failing to improve the squad during a transfer window for a long time now, and people have legitimate concerns that we're going to do the same again.

This isn't me saying we're doomed and we definitely won't improve, i'm just pointing out the idiocy of saying we definitely will.
I think the difference being thelwell and frank, I mean we’ve already improved the defence for free

Im not stressing to be honest, not naively so as we need to improve, but im prepared to put a bit of faith in the Lampard/Kev axis, our issues have been glaringly obvious in terms of recruitment and if it means extra focus, patience and negotiation to get value im happy enough with that. Moyes used to drive us all scatty, leaving things to the last minute, but he always got value, if that's the way of it, im happy to back it. Blind faith maybe, but hey that's the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.